Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  

devldr32.exe ALWAYS STOPS RESPONDING! --Associated with Live

Live!Ware throws a file into the winnt\system32 directory called devldr32.exe.

Whenever I shut down or restart my computer, it hangs because of this file. It stops responding! I tried just deleting the file to see if it would harm anything... and it does. If removed, win2k will reinstall the basic SB Live Basic (WDM) drivers... and liveware will no longer work.

Why is this happening? And better yet.. how can I fix it?

No idea - it has never happened here and I have only heard about it once before and that may have been from you (?) - obviously something is conflicting with that file - did you have the LW3 workaround with NT4 drivers? Are you using the Final of Win2k?

------------------

Shrink

92% of the things we worry about don't happen - but the other 8% DO!

PIII 450@504

Soltek SL67B Mobo with 128 mb pc100

20 gig Quantum KX 8 gig Quantum CR

SBlive Value

Voodooo3 3000 AGP

... and a bunch of USB Stuff

Windows 2000 Pro Retail

Well, you never heard it from me before! That was my first post on that topic.

I am using the LiveWare 4 Beta that Creative has released. Yes, I am running the final Win2k. I'll keep lookin and let everybody know if I figure it out.

I was using Dell's LiveWare for a while with the universal SbLive drivers.. with the same problem... I don't really know what else to say at this point.

Cheers--

Sandoval

Sandoval - sorry I mistook you for being the one person I have ever heard of who has had that problem - then you are the second :-) As for Liveware 4 beta - you are using Liveware 1 that CL has modified to work with Win2k. Did you have this problem with the Dell drivers? If not, did you simply permit the install routine to uninstall the Dell drivers and update your drivers or did you try to uninstall them all beforehand? Have you tried running the install again, making sure that you have turned off any virus protection software, cleaned out your temp directory, and close down all other apps while installing? That might be a good bet to try first. Lastly, had you tried to install the Liveware 3 workaround authored by Anthony Toste and advertised on this website (involves installing NT4 drivers)?

------------------

Shrink

PIII 450@504

SBlive Value

Voodooo3 3000 AGP

Windows 2000 Pro Retail

I tried the LiveWare authored by Anthony, but for the life of me, I could never get the setup to work. It always failed. I even followed up on it to find out that I had to rename an extracted .exe file from setup.ex_ to setup.exe... to no avail.

Anyways, I uninstalled the drivers that were being used before I installed LiveWare for Win2k (or modified LiveWare 1). I extracted the drivers from the Win2k LiveWare and installed them fresh before running the LiveWare setup. LiveWare works perfectly, except the hanging problem.

I did not, however, close my virus scanning program or any other program that I was running at the time of setup. Perhaps that may be the problem. I've never had problems caused by installing with other programs active before... so maybe my time has come! Anyways, I might go back and try to install LiveWare with all programs closed. That's all I can think to do at this point.

Thank you Shrink.

If you have a revolutionary breaktrhough on this, feel free to email me at sandoval1717@excite.com

Cheers

--Sandoval

P2 450@504

Amptron 3100 MOBO 128MB PC100

2 13 GIG Western Dig 7200 ATA/66

1 8 GIG Quantum 5400 ATA/33

SB Live! Value

Diamond Vipper V770 Ultra

Win98/Win2k Pro

Oh and by the way, how do I create signatures in these threads.. so that every time I post a reply etc, the same thing appears on the bottom? Call me dumb but I've never figured that one out!

I would try booting into safe mode and reinstalling the liveware package from there and seeing if that works. To have a sig, you need to go into "profile" and add it there, then make sure you check "Show signature:..." when replying or posting.

Good luck!

------------------

Shrink

PIII 450@504

SBlive Value

Voodooo3 3000 AGP

Windows 2000 Pro Retail

Well, i tried installing in safe mode, but it wouldnt cuz it couldn't detect the driver for it (probably cuz it was in safe mode)

So I installed in in regular mode with all programs shut down. Same problem Good thing it only effects my computer when I shut down, since I rarely do!

Perhaps when the final version.. LiveWare 4.0 is released, this problem will be remedied.

Cheers

--Sandoval

Anybody have any ideas?

What anti Virus are you running? If you are running McAfee or anything younger than Nortan Anti-Virus 7.03(i think) that could very possibly be it. We have seen a lot of issues with these two products since the launch of Win2k Pro.

Yes sir! I am running Mcafee 4.0.3. You think maybe changing to the Norton you described would help? Hmmm.. maybe I'll give it a try! I'll post my results. Thanx!

I think you were right RobG.

I changed over to Norton Antivirus 2000 for NT, and I havn't had the problem yet. Thanx for your help.

Been runnin Norton Antivirus 2000 for NT now for a while.... and the problem persists. frown

Oh well.

I feel like I'm having a conversation with myself here!

Anybody have any ideas? Not sure now if it is because of antivirus software.. cuz i've tried about 4 diff ones. And I still have the same prob.

Is anybody else experiencing this?

Nope..you are not alone.

Same problem here after installing Liveware ( Platinum )on Win2k server.

Clean installation after a reformat and running no anti-virus apps at all.

my problems havent been hangs.. but my problems are with devcon32.dll if i install the new drivers released from creative i cant use my computer. it wont boot. right about the time the default windows startup sound is about to sound off. Reboot! by itself. I can remove devcon32.dll in dos and problem is gone.. but then i have no volume control and my sound card is not listen in control panel/ multimedia.. grrrr had to revert back to win2k's default SB live drivers.. help me! im gonna kill something in a minute i want my 2 subs / 4 sats bumpin! grr grr grrr. triple grrr.. grrrrr. grrr. =) help me please. im thinking something is loading up at startup thats making my system straight reboot with no reason. but then again it might not be devcon32.dll because default win2k drivers use this file and it's the same version and stuff as the one liveware 2k installs so.. im stumped.

KAOS...I'm right there with ya man... Has anyone tried to contact Creative on this??? I have tried all the drivers...The anthony toaste workaround, the universal INF, the dell's hacked, and the beta LW win2k, and finally the official LW for win2k. The workaround worked...but when a sound was made it wouild stagger over the same sound forever, until i booted. I have NAV for NT on my win2 pro, it hasn't posed a problem for me. My suspicions are of the crappy INF's that ALL the liveware's come with. when i tried the universal INF drivers, i had the endless reboot problem. I have never heard of this Devcon.dll problem, I have never tried deleting it yet either...I still need a kind soul to mail me his BASIC LW drivers (the one that came with win2k), I accidentally deleted it on my quest for the evil in Liveware. I'm going to talk to creative on these matters, someone please find a solution!!! -RFlair7000@aol.com

------------------

Mr. Sneis - if you have had all those drivers installed at various times, including Anthony's modified LW3, I would be doing a clean install and seeing whether these drivers work for you. I have had no problem whatsoever.

------------------

Shrink

PIII 450@504

SBlive Value

Voodooo3 3000 AGP

Windows 2000 Pro Retail

Well I don't know what to tell you on your probs frown.... All I know is that the official release of Live!Ware has worked fine for me so far... but then again I installed it withouth ANY previous sblive drivers in there.

--I reinstalled Win2k last week and didnt fool around with my sblive cuz I knew the final drivers would be out this week--

Anyways... one thing I must add is this...compared to the sound quality of the sblive under 98 and NT4, this latest version of Live!ware really blows. You know that full, rich sound you get when the card is fully supported? Well, don't expect to find that in Windows 2000 for a while!

It seems to me that Creative just made this live!ware to get everybody to shut up for a while. I am disappointed.

Well, I've gone through formats before, but it's a time consuming thing, changing all the settings reloading...isn't there a foolproof way to delete the older liveware? If I do it manually again, I don't wanna risk having no sound at all. I finally got basic drivers off this sites DL section, not sure if this will get me stuck in endless reboot, havent rebooted yet smile

I'm now not sure if it is worth trying out the new Live!Ware. You may have the same problems. Remember how I started this thread? With the devldr32.exe problem... well it persists with the official release. I'm considering going back to NT4 cuz I'm not sure if I can go much longer without that beautiful sound that I got use to with my Sblive Value.

So, if I reinstall windows2k, my problems willl be solved? And when I reinstall I don't have to format or lose settings?

Just run the setup.exe from W2k and you will have the option to upgrade. It really is a wonderful fix for mucho screwups. hehe You will have to reupdate IE, reset your startup/recovery options, and check your network config if you are running more than one Ethernet adapter (like I am). Otherwise, it asks if you want to use the newer drivers it finds during the install, so you can say yes, or point it in a new direction. But all your settings, drivers, software, profiles, etc. all remain as they were. Under w95/8/se, you can do the same thing, but it doesn't fix squat. The w2k upgrade option must doa lot of thinking and fixing under the hood...very nice.

:}

I get a somewhat related problem with devldr32.exe. Everytime i open a program or atleast almost everytime i will get the following crash...

Application popup: devldr32.exe - Application Error : The instruction at "0x00fb3fd1" referenced memory at "0x10028014". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program

Click on CANCEL to debug the program

And this then freezes whatever program i just opened for either a minute or i just have to kill it and open it again. This is annoying as hell. Anyone else experience similiar?