Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vermyn

WinAmp v2.61 and new SBLiveWare

I reported this to Nullsoft, but I was wondering if any of you were having the same problem...

After loading the official LiveWare drivers from Creative (yes, I get the devldr32.exe lockup like everyone else... sucks doesn't it?)... WinAmp has started acting funky. After about 15 minutes of playing, or when the screensaver kicks in... WinAmp just locks up, all processes disappear from the task manager, and the system starts having really flaky sound support... some sounds will play, others will not. You cannot end task WinAmp because you cannot see the processes or the task list... it's all invisible.

Next, what happens on my machine is the entire network crashes... Win2k starts reporting IPNATHLP errors and Internet Explorer starts getting confused. It's reaaaallly bizarre, only happens when I have WinAmp open. I can play MP3's all night on Windows Media Player without this happening.

Anyone else experiencing this after loading new SBLive drivers?

--Vermyndax

Maybe someone else aggres with me on that, but try doing a fresh reinstall OVER your existing installation. It will ask you if you want to repair and then reinstall all the files reset the drivers to default and the services.. that oftens helps.

Anyone else Agrees with me?

No problems here, I never ran a preveus version of liveware though if that means anything to anyone.

Well, how about this... what kind of partition are you using on your disk? Basic or dynamic?

(Incidentally, the performance gained by switching to dynamic is INCREDIBLE).

--Vermyndax