Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Belland69

Nero 4.083 + Win 2k Pro. = Rebooting System

I am so Blue, Nero just reboot's my system....poo

Please help me so that I can Burn, Maybe later we will adjourn.

------------------

PROUD TO BE CANADIAN

I have tried following the Directons as to the Mainpage about deleting the Multi-Mounter part of Nero, but to no avail...... system spec's are

p2-450

Annihalator Pro 32 meg (GeForce)

256 meg Ram

14.4 gig HDD

ASUS 50x

Plextor 8432T

Montego 2 Sound

USR OEM ISA Modem

------------------

PROUD TO BE CANADIAN

nero 4.0.8.3 seem to cause trouble=BSOD on initialization (me included). you can try the 4.0.7.5 update from ftp.ahead.com

I thought I was going crazy until I found this forum.

I have the same exact problem with nero rebooting my system without any warning. Reinstalling did not work. It worked fine for a while, then it just started doing it.

The funny thing is that F-secure did the same thing but it was worse. It would reboot the system as soon as the logon screen would show up.

Safe mode is VERY unstable on my system too, it freezes alot

I wish and can't hope for the new ver. of nero to come out, it is My favourite Program for Burning...... now I have to use all my 80 minute cd's when I could have just done an overburn before. frown

------------------

PROUD TO BE CANADIAN

I don't know jack about configuring Nero et al.

What I do know is that I did nothing special installing Nero 4.083 (typical install) and it works fine for me under Win2kPro.

Lucky, I guess..not typical for me.

<knock, knock (on wood)>

-AciD

Most people (me included) are able to use Nero 4.0.8.3 with no trouble whatsoever under W2K.

It would help if you posted details of your system configuration, together with ASPI revision, so we cann all help trouble-shoot your problems.

------------------

SuperMicro P6DBS (dual UW-SCSI) BIOS 2.2, 2*Celery 300a @ 450Mhz, 384MB PC100 RAM

SCSI-A=4.3Gb+9Gb, SCSI-B=Tosh32x CD-ROM, Yamaha4416 CD-RW, Iomega ZIP100, IDE1=4.3Gb

IBM EtherJet 10/100 NIC PCI + Nortel ADSL "modem"

Matrox G400 DH 32Mb AGP + Quantum3D Voodoo2 SLI PCI (CL TNT1 AGP on a shelf)

SoundBlaster Live PCI (not Value)

Win2K build 2195 Retail (not 120-day eval)

ABIT BE6 (newest BIOS Installed)

p2-450

CL Annihalator Pro 32 meg (newest w2k Driver)

256 meg Ram (Crucial tech.)

14.4 gig HDD (IBM)(Master)

ASUS 50x CDROM (Master Sec.)

Plextor 8432T Burner (Slave Sec.)

Montego 2 Sound

USR OEM ISA Modem

Win. 2000 Pro Retail ver. 2195

Adaptec Direct CD 2.5d

Adaptec CD copier 3.5c

ASPI Layer rev.4.60 (1021)

------------------

PROUD TO BE CANADIAN

And what exactly do you do in Nero to cause the BSOD? Just start it, initiate a burn, or what?

Also, what is the actual error message in the BSOD, and in what module does it occur?

It won't even start for me .... I get this F*cked up icon appearing in the tray and then it just won't do anything. and then if I try and restart it again it will reboot the system.

------------------

PROUD TO BE CANADIAN

[This message has been edited by Belland69 (edited 01 March 2000).]

p2 233

98 megs

p2l97 motherboard

sb16

tekram 390f

SMC ethernet

toshiba cdrom

yamaha 8824s

riva128

WIN2k final 2195

ntfs

aspi adaptec (the latest one)

What worries me is that Nero worked PERFECTLY for 2-3 weeks, and then, now, at launch, it reboots the PC in just a few seconds.

Quote:
Originally posted by ajaxdude:
What worries me is that Nero worked PERFECTLY for 2-3 weeks, and then, now, at launch, it reboots the PC in just a few seconds.

tha goes for me too...
paranoic: Nero w/o registration (after some time) in purpose give you coasters (that goes for me also with 4.0.7.5 in about half of cd->buffer underrun) or BSOD! (hehehe ;))
----------------------------------
Win2k 2195,mcafee 4.5 beta 2 (disabled),gozilla,no screensavers etc.
Abit BH6 1.0/FU, Hitachi DVDROM GD2500BX, Ricoh MP7040A 1.40, Canopus Spectra 2500 RIVA TNt,SB PCI 64,Quantun Fireball EL 6.4,128MB RAM PC 100 etc.
ALL drivers are the default in win2k...
PS no direct cd installed,EZ CD 4.00 installed, ASPI 4.60 (1021) *working*

PS> did anyone noticed any kind of "you have xx days left.please register" in Nero 4.0.8.3 full demo?? i didn't... and i'm not blind/drunk wink

I use a fully registered copy of Nero 4.083, or as close as it gets wink

------------------

PROUD TO BE CANADIAN

I downloaded the aspi drivers from http://www.3dwin2000.de

Everything is fine since then.

If you do not have one before- it's an update-

copy the files to the locations ( txt file)

and update then..

My German is a little rusty.

Where do we go to find the files?

Hey there.

I don't have Nero installed at all and my system is rebooting all over the place!

I have Norton's 2000, Getright, MSN messenger & Easy CD Creator 4 coming on at startup.

The system can reboot at any time, but always from the desktop...i.e. I can play UT online fine and no probs there.

But then I can be going through the Start Menu and BAM!, it reboots the system.

Or I can access the Display properties or do any other menial task and it could reboot.

Very annoying!

I have a Jetway MoBo (VIA chipset), CLTNT2U with the CL 3.76 drivers, SBLive, and Realtek Nework card and a Viking ISA modem.

The BIOS is set to Default and the TNT2 is the only device with non-Win2000 drivers installed.

I need help on this so get yer thinking caps on!

Cheers.

Any one get this ?.

"For volume mounting a needed driver could not be found or has the wrong version, Please run installer to get the all files"

Only dose this on DVD ro CDROM in or out.

ok, nero 4.0.8.3 after clean win2k 2195 install on execution i get blue screen says:

"STOP: 0x0000001E (0XC0000005, 0X8041F541,0X00000000,0X00000008)

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

ADDRESS 8041F541 BASE AT 80400000, DATE STAMP: 384d9b17 - ntoskrnl.exe

beggining dump of physical memory etc.

-----------------------------------

ABIT BH6 1.0/FU

SB PCI64, 128MB SDRAM PC100, HITACHI DVD 2500BX, RICOH MP7040A 1.40, QUANTUM EL 6.4GB, HOLLYWOOD REAL MAGIC+ DECODER W/ BETA DRIVERS FROM SIGMA DESIGNS, CANOPUS SPECTRA 2500 RIVA TNT

ALL DRIVERS ARE WIN2K DEFAULT EXCEPT SIGMA BETA DRIVERS

gozilla 3.5 + mcafee VS 4.5 RC running

-> i also get "volume mounting" issue but it's ok after in properties

I had the same problems...first the rebooting then the mounting volume problem.

The fix for me was to download the latest ASPI drivers from adaptecs' web site. now I am using nero 4.0.8.3 with no hitch. I had the volume mounting problem first with 4.0.7.5 though after I installed the windows 2000 compat. update. so I figured okay I have a cdrom hardware problem, so I went and got a pioneer 6x dvd....same problem. I then went and downloaded the ASPI from adaptecs' sight and now everything works great.

by the way my system is a Matsonic 7112C Mobo, a cel 433, 128mb ram, a guillemot phoenix, a aureal vortex 2 superquad, ext 56k, pioneer 6x dvd, hp 8250i cdrw, win2000 final (2195)

...and of course i forgot latest ASPI 4.60 from Seltzar or 3dwin.de + all compatibility updates but with no luck...

Same here, But over all Nero works pettey danm good.

Intel 300a@450a celeron

Abit BH6 Motherboard

2, 128meg SDRAM 168pin DIMM

Creative Lab's SB Live! Value

Realtek RTL8029(AS) PCI Ethernet NIC

Promise Ultra66 PCI (NEW)

I/O Magic MagicWriter 4x4x32 (NEW)

Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-M1202

Western Digital 8.4gig IDE Primary

Hewlett Packard 420c Printer

Intel PC Camera Pack USB

Microsoft SideWinder 3D Pro

Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer USB

Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro USB

ViewSonic G773

ATI Xpert 128 AGP 16meg (NEW)"Voodoo3 2000 long gone can wait Voodoo5500"

PCWorks FourPointSurround FPS1000 speakers

When I first installed Nero, it would lock when starting the program. I checked ASPI and everything else I could find, but nothing helped. Finally, I disabled DMA for my burner and it now works fine. From what I've heard, without DMA the CPU does more work and you have to be more careful about not doing anything else while burning but at least it works. In win98 I had DMA enabled and it worked just fine so I don't think its the drive. Anyway, if you are haveing trouble, try disabling DMA.

nope. that was not neither. Anyone yet found a solution to this very annoying problem??-----------------------------------

ABIT BH6 1.0/FU

SB PCI64, 128MB SDRAM PC100, HITACHI DVD 2500BX, RICOH MP7040A 1.40, QUANTUM EL 6.4GB, HOLLYWOOD REAL MAGIC+ DECODER W/ BETA DRIVERS FROM SIGMA DESIGNS, CANOPUS SPECTRA 2500 RIVA TNT

ALL DRIVERS ARE WIN2K DEFAULT EXCEPT SIGMA BETA DRIVERS

gozilla 3.5 + mcafee VS 4.5 RC running

-------------------

Hi!

I had the same problem with nero, but i have found the solution. Delete the file "wnaspi32.dll" in the "Nero"-folder and you can start Nero without reboots.

Try it out!

Attention! You need an other installed ASPI layer like Adaptec's ASPI 4.60 driver.

bye

Neubi

Quote:
Originally posted by Neubi:
Hi!

I had the same problem with nero, but i have found the solution. Delete the file "wnaspi32.dll" in the "Nero"-folder and you can start Nero without reboots.
Try it out!

Attention! You need an other installed ASPI layer like Adaptec's ASPI 4.60 driver.

bye

Neubi

I also managed to make nero work like this:
1) Download latest Nero from ftp.ahead.de [version 4.0.9.1 - not the update which doesn't work in win2k]
2) run nero40.exe
3) reboot
4) go to the TEMP folder where extracted files are and run from there NERO.EXE wink