Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Andy_25

How to do this in Internet Explorer 5 (in Win2k)?

Hi,

When I surf the net I very often right-click on a link to open it in a new window. When I used Netscape in Win NT and 98, Navigator "remembered" the size of the previous new window. For example, if I always maximized the new window, eventually Navigator would automatically maximize new windows.

Explorer doesn't do this, and everytime I use the "open in a new window" function, it opens this tiny window which I have to manually maximize. I know it's small problem, but sometimes it's a bit annoying I having to maximize 10 or 20 windows in a row. Maybe someone knows how to fix this.

My second minor problem comcerns the "favorites". Explorer always puts the "links" folder back to my favorites eventhough I've just deleted it. Does anyone know how to stop it from doing this?

So, if anyone has any solutions to these, it would be highly appreciated! smile

Thanks!

IIRC IE5 only remembers window sizes when you manually adjust them by pulling the edges. I seem to remember being able to fix this to some degree by manually resizing the first spawned window to the size I wanted for all spawned windows, and then immediately closing it and then the main IE window (therefore exiting IE). Open IE again and it should remember your size specs. Although sometimes it doesn't, and you're still screwed... Hope this helps.

drew

------------------

233 MMX (overclocked from 200)

96 MB RAM

12.5 GB HD on a Promise Ultra66

S3 Trio64V+ video

Soundblaster Live! Value (Dell drivers work great)

SupraExpress 56i V.90

Microtek X6EL SCSI scanner

Lexmark 5700 ColorFine (using NT drivers)

Windows 2000 Pro (retail)

Thanks for the tip!

When I first tried it, explorer didn't "remember" the size. But I tried this: I spawned a new window, then resized it to the size I want it to be, and then used Task Manager to close explorer. This seems to work everytime! Again, thanks!

Andy