Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dannykaey

complete lockup

lockup part whatever...

dear billy, aka MS,

it seems that alot of us are having trouble with various configurations of win2k and coresponding hw locking up.

current setup: asus K7M, athlon 600, 256 Ram, adaptec u2w scsi, ibm 18gb 10k, geforce 32ddr.

upon complete clen install, lockup occurs randomley.

second machine: asus P5AB, amd k6-2 400, 128ram, voodoo3 2000.

upon complete clean install, NO lockup.

at first i thought it had todo with the geforce and the athlon or mobo, but it seems that others with totally different setups are having the same trouble. Since someone mentioned windowblinds, i do have that installed, however, i installed it after the lockups occured, so it cant have to do with it.

other proggys:

iconpackager

winamp 2.6

network associates VS 4.5 RC1

diskeeper 5.3

napster

aol aim

unreal tournament

quake3

i dont believe the software installed has anything to do with it, since i have the same setup on the other machine and it works flawlessly.

I still believe that win2k is the best OS MS has ever released, just please Microsoft, DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS ITS ANNOYING AS HELL TO SAY THE LEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

needless to say... win2k RC2 worked fine on the same machine with the same setup.

the onyl thing i did notice, is that i started having these troubles AFTER i upgraded my bios to 1008. though it might have nothing to do with it, as i didnt run win2k rc2 with that upgraded bios.

any clues, comments, suggestions are of course and alwaze will be appreciated.

thanks - Danny.