Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
allvtec21m

cdrwin 3.8a and windows 2000

i installed it and when i go to open it i get this err

Error: Unable to initlialize the ASPI manager ASPI manager was not found on system

???

YOu need to get the latest aspi drivers. I got the adaptec ones from here. win2kbox.cjb.net-->files section

I upgraded like you proposed, but after I reboot and run aspichk.exe It sais the following: "0xEB - ASPI is properly installed, but it is unable to initialize. It is uncertain what caused the failure (0x%02IX)." ?

Is this really correct?

Does that sound correct? Did you install the aspi.exe update?

Try it again

Remove all the files and recopy them.

I followed the exact instructions provided with those same ASPI 4.60 drivers and I got that EXACT same error msg when I ran the ASPI check. I've removed the files and tried it twice but still have the same problems.

Wells omething is messed up cause I do not have any issues when i remove the files and recopy them......then i run aspichek to ensure i extracted the files to the right dir. Then I run the aspi.exe to update the files and reboot. Voila aspi 4.6(1021) and cdrwin and nero and anything else works great.

I have different versions of aspichk. One gives me the same error, the other says everything is installed and working properly. Which is right?

I dont know why? I dont know how?

But I still have an Aspi-checker reporting errorors, though build and version number is correct...So I thought "what the heck" and downloaded cdrwin3.8 from golden hawk again, installed it and it works right on... :P

I had some problems after installing the aspi driver. For instance I use DiscJuggler alot, and after running that, creating an image, then exiting out of the software my CDRom was no longer accessable. I get errors trying to access it and eventually I have to reboot then the problem is gone. (Until I run it again!)

Figured out why ASPIchk was generating those errors. It seems that you can't run it in the same folder as the ASPI .dll & .exe files. If you have all the stuff in the same folder it will the detect those .dlls first and will tell you that the files are "installed correctly" but that they can't initialize. As long as you run ASPIchk from anywhere else it should work fine.