Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
frederick

ok....so i didn't break it, but i have another question

Ok, nevermind the last post. Cause obviously not only am i a genius, but a patient one at that.... (yay for sarcasm) All I needed to was wait for a couple minutes and Linux booted right up. So I configured it and got everything how I liked it, but now I have another problem. It's REALLY slow. I checked the meminfo to see if Linux recognized all my RAM, and it did, all 380-some Megs of it. It also recognized my processor as an AMD k6 3D, so now I'm kinda stumped. The whole system seems lagging, when I open any program, it just looks at me like a dumbstruck child for a few minutes, then it may open the program or it may not. Even opening menus and folders seems to be sluggish. I checked the requirements for linux on redhat's website and everything well exceeds the requirements, so now I'm kinda stumped. Any suggestions or...well anything would help me immensely - THANK YOU!

Try to look at your hard drive settings to enable, if you can, dma or even better udma.

If that does nothing for you then open your command prompt and use the command top to view what's going on with your processor usage.