Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Heifetz

All of a sudden, trying to run Nero gives me BSOD!!!!!

Wtf...I've been running Nero for a long time now without any problems, except a few coasters. But now, when I try to run nero, I get BSOD!!! And this is on Win2k final! I've uninstalled it, reinstalled it, uninstalled it and reinstalled it again. But I still get BSOD when I try to use it! What is wrong? My options of burner software is limited...esp because I have a Teac 56s, which only a few softwares support.

Heifetz

download the latest version - it works for me...

also get the latest ASPI...

------------------

SuperMicro P6DBS (dual UW-SCSI) BIOS 2.2, 2*Celery 300a @ 450Mhz, 384MB PC100 RAM

SCSI-A=4.3Gb+9Gb, SCSI-B=Tosh32x CD-ROM, Yamaha4416 CD-RW, Iomega ZIP100, IDE1=4.3Gb

IBM EtherJet 10/100 NIC PCI + Nortel ADSL "modem"

Matrox G400 DH 32Mb AGP + Quantum3D Voodoo2 SLI PCI (CL TNT1 AGP on a shelf)

SoundBlaster Live PCI (not Value)

Win2K build 2195 Retail (not 120-day eval)

Quote:
Originally posted by Heifetz:
Wtf...I've been running Nero for a long time now without any problems, except a few coasters. But now, when I try to run nero, I get BSOD!!! And this is on Win2k final! I've uninstalled it, reinstalled it, uninstalled it and reinstalled it again. But I still get BSOD when I try to use it! What is wrong? My options of burner software is limited...esp because I have a Teac 56s, which only a few softwares support.

Heifetz

I have the final Pro, and Nero 4.0.8.3. This version is supposed to be supported by Win2K. Installed it yesterday, and everything worked perfectly! Today, after visiting windowsupdate and installed everey update available, Nero gives me BSOD...

Lasse

Yes - same thing happened to me - Windows Update is what broke it.

I guess we have to wait for an update, or re-install everything.

Hmmmmm, I just did the update for win2k about 20 min. ago and now at this very moment I am adding a couple files to my CDRW that I use for back up with nero 4.0.8.3

I haven't had any problems with it.

same problems with me. Nero 4.0.8.3 BSOD on execution. win2k final. tried to unistall it + install it but the same problems...

I don't know if it is windows update in my case. Because I think it give me BSODs before I updated win2k with all these new patches. But I do remeber installing the security patch a while back, but I'm not sure if I used nero before or after that. BUT, older version of Nero still work. I have a old version of Nero lying around (4.035) and it runs. So I think we should try older version of Nero (preferably not as old as 4.035) and see if it works. Anyone know where I could get older versions of Nero?

Heifetz

if you have the original cd try ftp.ahead.de .they have 4.0.7.5 update. now i'm with that version and it's stable.