Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hugh Munguscock

Where is my User Manager for Domains???

Unless I am reading your question incorrectly, try settings, control panel, administrative tools, computer mangement. Should be there.

Cheers.

With server versions, at work, we just go to the winnt\system32 and find usrman.exe and drag it to the start menu where we want it and that gives us a little bit more flexible use of managing computers. The same can be done for server manager.

Microsoft has changed the way that resources are managed with Win2K. All administrative duties now can be accessed throught the MMC. Microsoft Managment Console. Right click 'My Computer' and select 'Manage' All admin tools are available there. Users, Groups, Services, LSA, IIS, etc. Have Fun.

In case you don't like the Administrative Tools given in the control panel (I happen to love this new layout), you can get User Manager for Domains off of the Windows 2000 Professional Resource Kit CD (and I'm sure the Server Resource Kit CD as well). That is, if you can't get it off an NT4 server.

MS don't supply the domain management tools with the WorkStation versions of the OS.

You can find them on the server versions, or on the WorkStaion Resource Kit.

------------------

SuperMicro P6DBS (dual UW-SCSI) BIOS 2.2, 2*Celery 300a @ 450Mhz, 384MB PC100 RAM

SCSI-A=4.3Gb+9Gb, SCSI-B=Tosh32x CD-ROM, Yamaha4416 CD-RW, Iomega ZIP100, IDE1=4.3Gb

IBM EtherJet 10/100 NIC PCI + Nortel ADSL "modem"

Matrox G400 DH 32Mb AGP + Quantum3D Voodoo2 SLI PCI (CL TNT1 AGP on a shelf)

SoundBlaster Live PCI (not Value)

Win2K build 2195 Retail (not 120-day eval)

It's called Active Directory,

if u run the Active Directory Users and Computers program you should get the user manager.

only if you don't have a domain, will Local Users in the computer manager work