Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MarksmanX

Guys READ THIS!

I must admit I had a really nice laugh reading this smile

" Retail versions of Office 2000 will require a form of user registration -- or the software will disappear. "

" The company is inserting a new feature into an upcoming release of its word processing software that will cause the product to malfunction if a person doesn’t register after launching it 50 times. "

hahahaha smile I really enjoyed reading this smile

http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,2435946,00.html?chkpt=zdhpnews01

I had a copy of Office pro 2000 that did that. It kinda sucked I hate registaring software unless I get something free.

------------------

Celeron 500

Abit BE6

384 MB RAM

36 GB

Adaptec 2940UW

Plextor 12/20(SCSI)

Panason 7502 CDR(SCSI)

Inrenal Jaz1GB(SCSI)

Internal Zip100MB(SCSI)

Intel 10/100 NIC

Voodoo 3 3000

Diamond MX300

USR Sporster 56k

/debate starter on

See, now that's wrong. M$ shouldn't be allowed to do that. If I don't want to Register, then I don't have to register. It's that simple. If I don't want to give M$ all this info about me, then I don't have to. What they are doing is wrong, and really pisses me off.

The main reason they are doing this is because of money. Microsoft has saturated the PC computer environment with DOS 5.0, 6.0,6.22 in the beginning. Then Windows 95,98,98SE, NT 3.5, 4.0 and now 2000. We don’t want to forget Microsoft Office for us College people who need to type reports. We are so dependent on Microsoft it is sickening! Trust me people will object but you WILL accept it because you NEED it. Microsoft could make it totally incompatible with older version of Microsoft Office and force you to do a convert, which will not allow you to use your old Office applications if you decide that you don’t want it. It is unfortunate Microsoft have stooped to this level. They don’t have any competitors that are even making as much money as they are. Some are just struggling to keep pace with Microsoft frown It could be a start of something that we have to accept as more countries are going online. I am very uncomfortable of giving my personal information to anyone unless I have to. Last time I did that I got lots of junk mail because I registered my software.

Quote:
Originally posted by YuppieScum:
Hmm...

Who says that the info you give is actually correct?

I am assuming you are registering the software because you want to tell the company I am Mr. Soandso and I bought you product. If something happens where you need technical support and you say your real name and they might ask you for your cd key (highly unlikely) and you give it to them. They will say this software is registered to Mr. Soandso and we cannot help you. Also we got your home address with the caller ID here so we can spam you useless mail about our upcoming products. Good day *CLICK*

I really don’t see the benefits in registering other than pestering me with their upcoming software. That’s why I don’t register smile

All I have to say is one thing...www.astalavista.box.sk. wink

------------------

C:\Dos

C:\Dos\Run

\Run\Dos\Run

DosFreak - well said - LOL

------------------

Shrink

92% of the things we worry about don't happen - but the other 8% DO!