Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Siraris

3DSTudioMax and some games

I was playing Planescape Torment yesterday, and all of a sudden I got a blue screen with "Machine Check Exception" error. I tried again and after about 10 minutes of playing, same error. Then I tried playing the SIMS, and I got about 15 minutes in and same error. I waited a day and tried today, same error after about 25 minutes. I tried rendering a movie in 3DStudioMax R3.0 today too and it kept giving me that error after about 15 frames. Can anyone help? System specs are as follows:

P3 550, Soyo SY6-BA MB, 256 megs of RAM, Voodoo 3, SB Live, Adaptec 2940 SCSI-2 Card, Yamaha 6x4x24 CD-RW. I really would love some help.

Thanks

So...you get the error after a short period of heavy graphics use.

This could either be the driver (you don't mention what version you've installed) or that the card itself is getting too hot...

Siraris what mode are you useing D3D or OpenGL.

Like YuppieScum said what ver drv is it runing ?.

Check the DiretX Diagnostic Tool

I have version 1.00.01-SD of the Vooodoo 3 drivers. My DirectX has no problems and passed all the tests. Are you guys SURE it is my Voodoo 3 card? Could it be something else? I have the information from DrWatson I can send someone, I have no idea what it means. I just tried rendering a movie again and it crashed after 5 frames instead of 15

frown