Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
5t3ph3n

burn ISO file

Sorry if this is a bit irrelevant but i would really appreciate any help on that: i d/l corellinux-oc_1.0.iso.gz (243MB) from corel, unzipped it and i got the corellinux-oc_1.0.iso file (311MB). How can i burn this file to a CD-R e.g. with Nero so that the contents are shown in the CD-Rom and then boot from it since i have a bootable cd-rom? Further, is a way to install Linux with W2K w/o repartioning my NTFS drive? thanks in advance!

First....a XXXXXX.iso file is an ISO file that needs to be burned using Adaptec's Easy CD creator 3.X or 4.X. Just install and burn using one of those versions.

As for installed Linux...you just have to have another partition available to install Linux. Just use an application like partition magic to resize and assign a new partiton. Once you have this partition, you can install Linux.

-Q

is there a way i could do that w/ nero or cdrwin cause ezcd4 doesn't work on my machine. further, partition magic last version doesn't work on win2k... frown

is there a way i could do that w/ nero or cdrwin cause ezcd4 doesn't work on my machine. further, partition magic last version doesn't work on win2k... frown

To convert an .iso image to file level, use WinImage 5.0 by Gilles Vollant software which can be found at http://www.winimage.com. Once you open the iso with WinImage, note the volume label in the upper right. Extract the image onto a temp folder in your hard drive. Haven't used Nero in a while, but if I remember correctly, you can start a new session and drag 'n drop the files over, put in the volume name and click Burn.

thanks for the replies smile but i am so unlucky!!! winimage 5.0 doesn't work in w2k and i can't find any beta in the site frown any other ideas plzzz!

i mean it starts ok,i open iso image but i get a termination message when i select extract files in the same directory or with pathname...

You can burn .ISO files with Easy CD Creator OR get a utility called "BInchunker" which will convert it to a .BIN which can be read by CDRWIN although CDRwIN should also be able to do .ISO files ...if all of this doesn't work then grab FireBurner