Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
foxman98

Unreal Tourn / Server vs. Pro

Hey all,

I am curious, are there any major difference between server and pro in terms of low level kernel coding? I mean if you run Server w/ all services turned off etc. other than the ones that professional runs, is it basically the same OS other than licensing cost etc? I know NT Server and Workstation were the same basically, is this still the case?

2nd, minor problem, when trying to play unreal it insists my CD isn't in the CDROM even though I am sure it is, I've tried both of em. It doesn't seem to find it?

Cheers,

Steve

use cd patch so you dont need the cd in the drive you can prbably find a patch like this at www.gamecopyworld.com (i only use this site to back up my own games) apply the patch and you should be god to go . not sure if that was the kind of fix you were looking for. and yes I belive that w2k pro and server are very close but like you said with alot more services running in server.

All the variants of W2K - Pro, Server, Adv Server, App, Server, DataCente, etc - use the same binary files.

The behavioural differences are htrough a few registry keys, plus extra services and management tools.