Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bka32

WinOnCD in Win2k

I have the most up to date ASPI drivers from adaptec 4.60 , and yet WinOnCD says it can't check the SCSI chain for a CDR drive. How can this be rectified?

I emailed tech support about this and they said that WinOnCD does not currently work under Win2k but they were working on a patch.

winoncd is working fine (with the newest aspidrivers from adaptec) under win2000.

i'm using the yamaha 4016 CD-RW.

I have a Mitsumi 4802TE CDR drive, (IDE). WinOnCD works perfectly with it in Windows98 however, in Windows2000, even with the latest ASPI drivers, and the alternate ASPI drivers, it says it cannot check the SCSI chain, indicating a problem with the ASPI. Perhaps you could point out where I may find a working layer, also I have WinOnCD 3.6.421

WinOnCD 3.7 works fine under Windows 2000, Build 2195.

WinOnCD 3.6 not yet (seems that they are working on a patch).

Mitsumi 4804TE works fine in win2k rtm with WinOnCD 3.7 "Power Edition". Using Adaptec ASPI 4.6(10.21). No problems here. Go to http://win2kbox.cjb.net/ to find other aspi's for win2k.

dang

sorry to tell you this Bka32, but the Mitsumi 4802TE CDR drive, (IDE) is not supported by Mitsumi in Win2K at this time..

have emailed their tech support about this already, and they are currently working on a driver for NT 5.0