Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kish

Need Software for CD_RW that will work in Win2k NE1 Help

I too am having trouble burning CD's. I have version 2195 and am trying to use CDRWin 3.8. I have a IOMEGA zip CD burner and I am getting the following message:

"Unable to initialize the ASPI manager, ASPI manager was not found on your system"

I have tried to load the newest ASPI drivers from Adaptec but it tells me that I do not have any devices that need it. When I go into device manager I can see plain as day that my CD burner is there and it is the correct one.

This one has me stumped?

3.8A comes with winnt aspi drivers If you don't install them you won't be able to burn. Also they may not support your burner. There is a new version out check www.betanews.com

I tried the new program and still can't seem to get it to work. I have also used CDRWIN before in Windows 98 without any problems at all.

My friend has a HP7200 burner and is having the same problem taht I am having. Sounds odd doesn't it?

Guys, I burn all my CD's in Win2K with no probs using a Creative 8x and Nero. The trick is....

Make sure that the ASPI that you have is not an upgrade. The one for download from Adaptec is an upgrade. You must have an Adaptec ASPI layer installed already to use it. They also provide ASPI checker which shows which version that you have. Current release is 4.60. Easy CD Creator installs the ASPI layer for IDE devices. SCSI devices use the layer that comes with the SCSI card. Hope this helps smile.gif

guys thank you all for you insites

but i was talking about a packet writing software that will allow me to rewrite on a rewritable cd in win2k

any ideas?

Ohhhhh. Packet Writer... Ok.

I know that there were issues with using DirectCD on Win2K, however, I'm not sure if Adaptec has released updated info. You might want to check there site. Another that you could try is called "abCD" from a company called Prassi. Good Luck man

Hmmm Adaptec cd creator works under win2k.. Got lot of blank cd with cdrwin 3.8.. so im now back to my 3.7 version..