Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lucid

Photoshop 5.5, RC3

Photoshop 5.5 isn't working for me under 2183. I get to where it says "Intializing Type Engine" Then it crashes with no errors or warnings. I've tried a reinstall but its a no go. 4.0 and 5.0 work fine.

yup so do i

its worked every time..from RC1 to RC3

installed from scratch

Yes its, the full retail version of 5.5. I wondering if possibly a corrupt font could be doing it.

seems that you might have a problem somewhere in your win2k.. or could possibly be the photoshop you have... have installed it and also all of my friends that install it has worked just great..

I have the full 5.5 as well. It doesn't work for me in RC3. I run the executable and nothing happens. Looking at the task manager it isn't running at all. I went back and installed 5.0 and that works fine.

5.5'er is runnin smoooth here on build 2195. No problems at all acctually. So either it's your build version or a "bad crack". Have youtested this version you have on NT 4 or 95/98...?

There was a post some time back about this kinda problem......check your swap files location and size and search through the previous postings to find some more info.