Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dingbat

Microsoft Netmeeting

I tried to d/l netmeeting from MS, but it says i have the wrong version of win, i have 2183....is netmeeting available for win2k? where can i get it? email me with your help, thanks

I'm running Build 2183 and NetMeeting is found under Start, Programs, Accessories, Communications program group. I didn't install it from MS's website so I must have gotten it when I installed from the RC3 CD.

I just checked the Add/Remove Programs, it's not there, and it can't be installed as a "Windows Component" via that same Panel.

I guess that if it didn't install as part of the RC3 install, you're out of luck.

Hope this helps (and maybe you already have it and just didn't know it...)

------------------

J. Byron Todd

Computer Consultant

byron@toddcomp.com

Todd Computer Solutions

I did a fresh reinstall of RC3 and I got Netmeeting, I'm quite sure RC3 was the first build to have it.

Thanks guys, i guess it was there all along, but cause of the personalized start menu, it was hidden...duh me...sorry for the lame question...

thakns for your help

No problem.

In fact, if there is anything that I HATE about Windows 2000/Office 2000/new Microsoft products - it's that @$#%@#$ personalized menus. Thankfully MS decided to allow you to cut the darn "feature" off. There's nothing more annoying than getting used to doing something a certain way or looking in a certain area for something and something else decides "Oh, this guy didn't use that but once in the last four weeks. Therefore, he doesn't need immediate access to it...."

That one definitely falls under "features I could have done without" or "stuff that sounds great on paper but is stupid on implementation." I'm willing to bet some marketing dope came up with the idea and ALL the programmers said "No, nobody wants that." But the marketing fool had the priority and got it implemented...

<Soap_Box_Mode_Off>

Regards...