Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
donald

QFIXAPP?

Hi I have a question on the QfixApp utility, I noticed it had a solution for a game in it and I think i followed the instructions exactly, I unchecked boxes, added files but when i ran the Game I still recieve "Sorry not supported on NT"

Does anyone have any ideas.?

Thanks

------------------

Donald Marshall

www.deltaforcecommand.org.uk

For all your Map Making Needs

www.specialforcesgames.co.uk

For all your Special Forces Game Needs

I think the vendor has provided a patch for this game, go to the vendors site and check it out;)

Quote:

I think the vendor has provided a patch for this game, go to the vendors site and check it out;)

Nope Rainbow Six doesn't have a patch for Windows 2000, Rogue Spear does, still need a fix for Rainbow Six, any help appreciated.

I just surfed a bit about a patch for this game, I swear there is a patch somewhere for it, but my memory is foggy I must admit. here is what I found.

here is the location....http://www.ubisoft.com/support/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rogue Spear 2.05 Patch (All Versions)

All fixes/changes in the 2.04 patch

The special keyboard keys (arrow keys, numeric keypad, etc.) can once again be remapped under non-English versions of Windows.

Rogue Spear should now run under Windows2000.

GameSpy support has been added. As part of this, the behavior of the "Announce Server" option has changed. If this option is checked, your game info is broadcast to the GameSpy master server.

The server will no longer pause until the armpatch timeout has expired while waiting for clients who have armpatches turned off.

Support has been added for users with multiple network connections to choose which connection to use for a multiplayer game.

The problems with the "Lock Teams" option should be cleared up.

The blank dialog that a client received when joining a full game should now display the proper message.

Clients who disconnect during the loading sequence will no longer crash if they reconnect while the game is still in progress or in the results screen.

The armpatch timeout was reduced to 30 seconds meaning laggy clients will not delay multiplayer game starts for more than that period of time.

Clients that disconnect during the loading sequence will no longer delay the game start until the armpatch timeout has expired.

Clients who disconnect and rejoin before a game starts will no longer delay the server until the armpatch timeout has expired.

Hitting escape during a multiplayer loading sequence will no longer cause a hang or crash.

I hope this helps.

smile

No sorry that is Rogue Spear the sequal to Rainbow Six, I am looking for the origanal game to run on 2000 Which was just called "Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six"

Well, if I might suggest - dump Rainbow6 and go get the Platinum version of Rogue Spear (with Urban Ops in it). It is a much better game, and I am totally hooked on the online side of it (co-op style). Also, if you logon to GameSpy, there is at least 200 people in the RS rooms, and maybe 50 in the R6 ones.

And RS is the only game that pulled me away from Counterstrike! So it IS worth getting! 8)

I have all the games, I want to go back and play Rainbow Six again.

yeah i like roguespear more than i like CS. The qualty of players is better in RS than CS, most of the CS players ive played with are nothing but whiney kids. Roguespear players are generally cooler and dont whine and ***** when they get killed.

donald try these fixes on R6

Application Name: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six

Fixes/Apphelp applied:

DLL - VirtualRegistry

DLL - ForceCDStop

DLL - IgnoreAltTab

Attributes for RainbowSix.exe:

Attributes for data\actor\50galdrum_bomb.mso:

File Size 0x1ED

File CheckSum 0xA49C0B84

Attributes for data\bitmap\Benelli_12Guage.RSB:

File Size 0x874A

Attributes for data\kit\bio_suit.eq:

File Size 0xEE

File CheckSum 0x2475498F

i got these from the appcompat browser in whistler. It says what fixes were applied to get things running in XP/2k.

Quote:

donald try these fixes on R6

Application Name: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six
Fixes/Apphelp applied:
DLL - VirtualRegistry
DLL - ForceCDStop
DLL - IgnoreAltTab

Attributes for RainbowSix.exe:

Attributes for data\actorgaldrum_bomb.mso:
File Size 0x1ED
File CheckSum 0xA49C0B84

Attributes for data\bitmap\Benelli_12Guage.RSB:
File Size 0x874A

Attributes for data\kit\bio_suit.eq:
File Size 0xEE
File CheckSum 0x2475498F

i got these from the appcompat browser in whistler. It says what fixes were applied to get things running in XP/2k.

Thanks I tryed that but I still got "Sorry not Supported on NT" I Guess it is my system, though it is a clean install. frown

Well, when you are on GameSpy, and in RS - look for Hary Krishna when in the game, or z3coupe when outside the game. I prefer CO-OP to team survival or ffa games. A lot less whiners, and not getting blasted by some kid who knows every square inch of every map there is. But we do set the AI to Elite, and get our asses kicked a lot anyway - but it is fun.

man that sucks donald, i will try installing it on my system and see if those work for me or not. I might have to start playing some RS again though i dont think gamespy will run on XP but GS Arcade does.