Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SnapperOne

Anyone do Serious Sam yet?

Uhh, I bought the game and it is sweeeeeeeeeeet! laugh Even on the easiest setting the number of enemies in it is astounding---like they pour in like a river.

Its just an insane amount of enemies.

If you like big weapons and a constant stream of enemies and s hooting anything that moves, you will have one hell of a time.

[This message has been edited by Brian Frank (edited 07 April 2001).]

JUST finished it. All I can say is DAMN thats a lot of enemies. I couldn't stop until I finished it. If you ever are in the mood for some mindless killing, it has it in droves. Can't wait to get this multiplayer going.

am i the only one that finds this game total rubbish. The monsters look totally stupid, the weapons are sad, and te graphics are worse than Unreal Tournament in 32bit high textures and the compressed textures hack on...

I think it's cool. You have to look at the whole package though; it's a cool game with modern graphics and multiplayer that you can get for less than $20US (I got mine for $15).

------------------

Regards,

clutch

The whole point of the game is not so that you think "ooh, don't those enemies look pretty" or "wow, the AI on those enemies is fantastic".

The point is that you play the game and think "THEY'RE COMING RIGHT FOR US!!!!!! FIRE!! RUN!!! FIRE!!!" etc. It's supposed to be manic, not clever. That's what makes it different and that's what makes it fun (especially in cooperative :)).

--

Xiven

I will have to agree with Xiven on this. Cooperative mode is AWESOME!! Nothing is better than getting 10 of your closest friends into a cooperative multiplayer game with the dificulty setting set to Serious! It is truely awesome! I haven't had this much fun playing a multiplayer game since....I can't think of a better time! ; )

------------------

System Specs:

Asus P2B-D

Dual PIII 700MHz

1 Gig PC100 CAS 2 RAM

Hercules GeForce2 Pro 64MB Video Card

Promise Ultra66 Controller

WD 15.3 GB HDD ATA66 7200 RPM

WD 20.5GB HDD ATA66 7200 RPM

Asus 50x CD-ROM

Sony 4x4x24 CD-RW

SB Live! Platinum 5.1

Razor Boomslang 2000 USB Mouse

Wacom 6x9 Intuous Art Tablet

SuperMicro SC-750A Case w/ 400 Watt PS

Just saw this: http://www.eurogamer.net/news.php?id=5480

Now that sucks. In fact it's downright disgraceful. I have nothing but praise for the game, but charging UK people twice what the US have paid for the game is criminal. Are they trying to encourage w4r3z or what?

--

Xiven

The whole point of me going out to buy this game when it came out, was to support developers releasing quality products at a good price. I think it really sucks that it's gonna be more in the UK.

Yeah, Im thinkin thats a bit odd, since Croatia is closer to the UK than the US. Someones yankin your chain, but it aint the yankees.

I would have to say that I am the 2nd person that doesn't like this game. I feel that the level layout of doom was much better and the fun factor was as well. The amount of enemies is just absurd, and it's very frustrating to have enemies just appear behind you. I do feel I should support these kind of developers too.

Well, we dont all have to like it. Ive never played Quake or Doom before, so Serious Sam is the craziest game Ive played yet. The amount of enemies on that in just first few levels is like facing off on some of the end levels of Half Life. Ive gone through it 3 times already, and love it. Its just a personal preference. You're opinion is at least what you dont like about the game. There was a disgruntled individual that didnt like it and blamed the programmers as being lazy. That was a controversial thing, and thats all the more I'll say, for fear of starting or being flamed.

Serious Sam RRRULEZ!

Didn't have that much fun since DOOM II!

P.S. If only you guys knew how cheap it's in Russia... legal copy I mean...

One of the best FPS's I have ever played. If you like games that have some sort of plot and a story, this might not be the game for you. But if you like that feeling of paranoia, having a full pack of ammo, and a never ending supply of targets that just keep getting closer, this game will rock your world!