Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mike Zamarocy

Everquest still has problems :(

Ok, been hooked on Counterstrike for a bit, so EQ has been gathering dust. But last night I decided to blow the dust off and play with some magic.

Well, the sound still is bad, if not worse. When I logon, and before I get the the choose character screen, the music (is it Midi???) starts to stutter real bad for near 2 minutes - then I finally get to the screen. And at times during the game, it stutters yet again, both in the music and the attack sounds. I have an SB Live! X-Gamer (not the 5.1), with the latest SB drivers and Livewire. I have tried all sorts of setting in SB, as well as in the game I have decreased the sound quality (which changed the buffers, reverb, EAX, etc), and it still stutters.

And the NV 7.52 drivers still have my desktop mouse cursor showing up right in the middle of the screen, no matter what I try to do. I can live with that if there is no fix, as the 7.52 drivers fix everything else (MW4 as well as CS is FAST ith these).

Yup. I have a SoundBlaster Live! also and it stutters in EQ. I had a MX300 before this and there was no problem. So, I'm assuming it's a screwy driver/game problem. The only way I can find to get rid of the stutter is to turn down game music all the way.

Did that, and it helps. But it still has problems once in awhile during combat and locks me up. Luckily with Auto-Attack on, the network still thinks I am swinging.

I think it also might be a fault in THEIR code too.

Everquest has always had problems with the SB Live cards, ever since the game was released 2 years ago.

The company that makes Everquest... Verant, just plain has crappy programmers.

In fact, Verant is more concerned about banning people, and nerfing game items, than they are about fixing bugs. I find the game to be a waste of time anyways.

Well, now that I am into something a wee bit more "modern", such as Counterstrike, I don't have the need to play EQ much anymore. And CS is FREE!!!!!!!!!