Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DosFreak

My list of NTCompatible games

DosFreak is there any way to run Nba Live 2001 on Windows XP Pro final??? Any kind help would be good!!!

I do not have that game buy I think a friend does. Will try to get it from him soon. Also my XP Compatibility List is almost done and soon to be posted.

XP about the same? I didn't know if you were testing XP that much yet.

Pretty much. Some work in XP that didn't in 2k and some don't work in XP that work fine in 2k. My XP list should be done soon....

400 work in 2000

37 do not

Also due to the "infinite loop" bug in XP my XP list is on hold. frown

Got Destruction Derby 2 working. Simply turn Hardware Acceleration to the 3rd notch from the left and play the game!

400 games work

36 don't

XP

391 Work

41 Don't

NT4

Coming soon!

:P :p

DosFreak wow isnt it very strange that windows 2000 has more working games than windows xp? Windows xp suppose to be the more compatibilty one hehe. Espically sense it has that compatiblity mode but i guess that does not help it at all. Which does not surprise me.

They are pretty much equal Windows-wise as far as games compatibility. I'me gonna go back over the XP list this weekend. I think 1-3 games work in XP that don't in 2k and 1-3 work in 2k that don't in XP.

As far as DOS games Windows 2000 is alot more compatibility. Which is REALLY odd. I can send you my Excel spreadsheet if you want it.

DosFreak naa thats ok. But thank you for offering. Was very appreicated. smile

I just try the games and if they do not work then oh well. Just the way it goes. I will just move on. I know sometimes it can depend on what video card you have and the video card drivers on what games will work and which will not. Sense i am on a old voodoo 3 2000 pci video card more games i guess will not work for me. But if i was on a nvidia video card that was not too old then maybe more games would work for me. I am upgrading my video card soon. Going to wait and see how the Kyro 3 is in the fall when it comes out! I may go nvidia if the Kyro 3 is not that good or something but still the Kyro 3 may not be bad at all. Espically for the low $150 to $199 price.

Dos Freak,

I tried the link on the first page of this thread for your complete list, but the link is dead. Can you post the new link? Also, can you give me your opinion on which I ought to get? Win 2k or Win XP? (Esp. in terms of using it with games)

Thanks.

Post your email address and I'll send you my Excel Spreadsheet. Do you have Office? (So you can read it).

So far on my computer 2000/XP are pretty much equal but of course XP is the next version of Windows and most home software will be written for that. So it's recommended by pretty much any company out there to use XP for home use if your coming from 9x. I feel differently however. XP is in some ways LESS compatibility and MORE compatibile than 2000 in some ways and is not as professional an OS as it should be. In fact I still use 2000 as my main OS for home use and XP to port game fixes to 2000. So I recommend that you try XP first and then if you can grab a vopy of 2000 and decide for yourself which you like better.

411 games work

32 don't

XP

408 Work

35 Don't

NT4

Still working on it! frown

:P :p

DosFreak,

Do you have a gut feeling whether or not the Crusader series will ever work under W2K/XP?

I'll take you up on the spreadsheet. Send to ron_wojnar@hotmail (if it falls under the size limit, grr!)

Well, I finally got back from class and leave about 2 months worth total. Got back to my wonderful computer and started playing around again.

Was able to remove the Windows 2000 SP3 requirement from the .MSI installer for the Compatibility Toolkit v2.5. The program installed fine but unfortunately some of the tools require SP3 (little dialog box pops up) Qfixapp did work tho but nothing much had changed there.

Also installed it under XP and there really wasn't much of a difference from the earlier ver of the ACT. So it look's like this v2.5 release is basically just the unification of the 2000 & XP ACT's into one ACT. The way it should have been from the start..... ;( :Plaugh

Here's the latest from my NT Compatibility list. (Haven't finished it so XP's a little short).

227 Windows Games work in Windows 2000

214 Windows Games work in Windows XP

13 Windows Games do not work in Windows 2000

11 Windows Games do not work in Windows 2000

215 DOS Games work in Windows 2000

211 DOS Games work in Windows XP

22 DOS Games do no work in Windows 2000

23 DOS Games do not work in Windows XP

laugh

Not only do I have to register to read forums on hardware-pacers.com but I have to wait for them to "approve" my registration? Can they make it any more annoying?

Doh! My list isn't on there anymore...and you use to be able to view without registration. Sigh. Another forum down the drain. frown

Any chance you could try and get privateer 2:The darkening working smile DOS version smile

Latest results

Windows 2000

Windows

Working=189

Not Working=13

DOS

Working=173

Not Working=24

Windows XP

Windows

Working=198

Not Working=14

DOS

Working=175

Not Working=26

*Both lists are not equal. For instance some games still untested in 2000 which is why it has a shorter number of games than XP listed.

** These latest results have a lower number of working games due to the fact that I listed games that work but run too fast and cannot be slowed down as not working.

Hey Dosfreak, are you still working on getting that compatibility technology out of XP and put into 2000?

No can do at present. Just view the XP fixes and apply in 2000.

Current Results

DOS GAMES

NT4 39 No Work

2000 24 No Work

XP 26 No Work

NT4 4 Games with Probs

2000 16 Games with Probs

XP 22 Games with Probs

NT4 38 Games Work

2000 215 Games Work

XP 212 Games Work

WINDOWS GAMES

NT4 147 No Work

2000 13 no work

XP 14 no work

NT4 6 Games with Probs

2000 36 Games with probs

XP 22 Games with Probs

NT4 105 work

2000 247 work

XP 228 work (Low because I haven't tested some games in XP yet)

Man... that list of yours... you are a really DOS... Freak!!!! In the good sense of course!!! I don't know anyone that as played so many games as you probably have! It must be some damn record!

Do you now anything about win2000 compatibility on this game I own, Sonic 3D-Flickies Island? Is it in your list?