Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DosFreak

My list of NTCompatible games

Nope. Don't have the game. Going to take a look at your thread right now and see if I can help, but it looks like you already tried the app kit.

I was wondering if you have ever tried to get the DOS baseball game Hardball 5 to work on Win2K? It won't let me install it.

P.S. Could you please send me your huge list to me? hit4cycle@hotmail.com

THANKS

I get gabriel Knight 1 running( for windows 2000 advenced server) and everything seems perfect...yet when I try to save the game it exists the game and just that...what should I do?

Quote:
No sound huh? THANK YOU creative labs for creating such good drivers.

heh instead of using resources for better drivers when they got some competition from Aureal, they sued them. Nice going creative labs heh customers will get such good products in the future heh

sorry for my rant but everytime I must reboot my PC to win9x just to get no crackling for games I think about Creative frown

I had this problem with my old motherboard - it turns out that it is a problem with the old VIA chipsets. You probably get problems with USB occassionally too. As soon as I changed motherboard (I upgraded) then it all fell back into place - no problems !

Hi DosFreak

I did download your compatiblity programs (apcombat and Qfixapp)

Running 2000 Pro

Try to play Dungeon Keeper 2

Open the game fine.

Problem : Will play for a while and then hang or more commenly throw me out of the game. Did not do this on 98.

I tried with Qfixapp to run dungeon Keeper 2 with this app, but it still doesn't work.

Did run that .reg file to enter it to the registry, with no success ... problem still occurres.

Something I noticed is when I click on Existing fixes for this exe I get an error that state there are no fixis for this .exe.

What can I do or maybe I am doing something wrong or selecting the wrong fixes, can you please Help!!!!

Quote:
This is an excel spreadsheet of all of the games that I own.
Each game has been tested by me so you can be sure that the results are accurate

Currently the list does not include any results for any 3rd party programs.
The list has only been tested with the latest updates applied to the
operating system and the latest patch for the game.

For instance, if you see a DOS game with a status of "green" then this
simply means that the game works but it will of course not have any
sound in NT without using a 3rd party prog such as VDMSound.

I have kept 3rd party programs off of the main list and created a
seperate worksheet for them for a simple reason. This unclutters the
results and provides a very readable format without confusion. Also due
to the constant changes to 3rd party progs and the fact that it is in
most cases desirable to just get the games working without downloading
anything.

Currently my list has it's home here:

http://vogons.zetafleet.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=4046#post4046

Updated my list.

Updated again.

Windows XP category almost done. About 40 games left to test. Have maby a 100+ more game demos I could add to the list but I'm more interested in trying to synch the NT4/2000/XP/2003 lists than adding new games.

Updated the list again.

If you care about gaming in Windows NT4/2000/XP/2003, I suggest you give it a look see. Don't want to sound too arrogant but it's quite possibly the best info you're gonna get on how to best play your games under those operating systems.

Finished my XP list (well as finished as it's gonna get for awhile).

Now I'm working on 2000 compatibility testing again and then after that Windows 2003 testing.

The list will never be finished!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Updated 2-6-2005

2000 and XP testing have been finished (well...sorta). Compare away!

Updated 2-28-2005

Check it out! Tried really hard to get the non working games to work which is why 2000 went from 90 something nonworking games to 75. That's 75 Non Working games out of 1,502! laugh

Sorry!

List was changed recently since I added Linux to the list I had to rename it to the PC Game Compatibility List instead of the NT Game Compatibility list.

Link is here: http://vogons.zetafleet.com/viewtopic.php?t=8784

It's almost scary how big it is now..... When it becomes self-aware and starts writing code for Microsoft then I'll be really scared. eek