Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Amber

Baldur's Gate 2, Napster, and Win2k trouble

Hi, I just installed Windows 2000 and I've got a couple problems. When I start up napster I get a "napster.exe - No Disk" error: napster starts up, but in front of it a dialog box pops up that says "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk1\DR1.", with the choices Cancel, Try Again, and Continue available. Choosing any of the choices makes the box disappear and allows me to continue on napstering, but another problem likely related to this is how even though I've signed on and typed in all my info that napster requires when you first install it multiple times, each time I start it up it acts as if this is the first time I've run it. This error also occurs when I start up Baldur's Gate 2, except then it doesn't even let me into the game, and choosing any of the choices does nothing (the error just pops up again). Ending the Baldur's Gate 2 process (BGMain.exe) is the only way to dispel it, and of course this keeps Baldur's Gate 2 from starting up. Does anybody know what may be causing this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Have you got Service Pack 1 and all the compatability updates for Windows 2000?

Napster and BG2 both run fine on my system.

------------------

PIII 866EB FC-PGA

Intel D815EEA Motherboard

Intel® PRO/100 Integrated NIC (for LAN)

3Com 3C905 10/100 NIC (for Cable Modem)

Motorola Surfboard 3100 Cable Modem

2x256MB PC 100 RAM

Maxtor 92049U6 20.4GB 7200RPM UDMA66

Maxtor 52049U4 20.4GB 7200RPM UDMA66

Hercules 3D Prophet II Ultra 64MB

AOpen 52x IDE CD-ROM

Yamaha CRW4416S SCSI CD-RW

Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer USB

Microsoft SideWinder Force Feedback Pro

US Robotics Sportster Flash v90 External modem

Iiyama Vision Master Pro 17

Adaptec 2940 Ultra Wide SCSI controller

Sound Blaster Live! Value (LiveWare 3)

Windows 2000 Professional (SP1 + all updates)

Thanks for the reply.. I've installed just about everything in Windows Update, including the compatibility update. I'm having a whole lot of problems with this installation, and I'm not sure why. This was just one of the major ones, because I can't play Baldur's Gate 2! No one has ever heard of any of the problems I've been having, so maybe I ought to reinstall Win2k or something. Before installing I saved all my files onto another computer and downloaded all the win2k drivers needed for everything. After installing I put everything back on this computer, installed all my games, all the drivers for everything, all in one night that I stayed up until 6am. Maybe I need to reinstall and go slower or something. Thanks again for responding..

Heh, I think I know what you are implying, and no thanks smile

By the way I fixed my problem, all I needed to do was swap the drive letter names! smile Back to playing Baldur's Gate 2, woo