Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lothario

Tiger Woods 2001

Has anyone here installed TW2001? When I try to install it I get the error message "TW2001 does not currently run in Windows NT". I've tried QFixApp with Win95VersionLie but that did not work. Has anyone else had any success? Thanks for your help.

Lothario

I can't believe that's the answer. With all the expertise on this forum, tons of utilities, tools, and patches. TW2001 just "doesn't" work?

The fact is, the software doesn't crash, it's making a purposeful check to see what OS it is running under. Then it fails. I thought that Win95VersionLie would byp*** that but seemingly not.

Any other ideas? Please?

Lothario

Well,

In a week or so, we are expecting a new Application Compatiblity Toolkit from Microsoft. Hopefully, there would some fix for Tiger Woods.

In any case, it will work in the final version of Whistler(that is for sure).

ARC

Tiger Woods 2000 can be fixed to work in Windows 2000 by erasing the ws2help.dll file from the tiger woods directory. Not sure if this fix will work with Tiger Woods 2001.

Also not everyone has all software. I don't play golf games so I won't buy the game and no one around me has the game. So that's why I haven't tried to fix it yet.

I have tried it on my system here as well and it fails every time. I do not know why EA seems to put no effort into Windows2K at all. Take "Alice" for example they even put on the box that Windows2K is not supported when the game works 100% just fine.

Yeah, I saw that article too. Although interestingly it seems that TW2000 works on W2K even though it says here on the NT Compatible website that it does not. Does that mean the behaviour was corrected over time? Could the same be possible for TW2001? Has the new App Compatibility Kit been released yet?

Thanks again,

Lothario

P.S. I have TW99 and it works fine on W2K. That's just sick.

[This message has been edited by Lothario (edited 08 January 2001).]