Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DWAnderson

Carmageddon 2 Not Working

The game installs fine, but when run, produces the error "Sorry not supported under NT." For those of you who got this to work, did you get this message? How did you get around it?

I never got it to work frown

DosFreak might be able to help tho

/me crosses fingers

After a fair amount of experimentation, I finally was able to make Carmageddon word under Win 2000 by doing the following:

1. Install Carmageddon 2 from CD. Apply 2.0 Patch (see ftp.avault.com/patches/c2ptch12.exe).

2. Put Glide2x.dll in the Carmageddon directory (unclear whether this is necessary, but I did it).

3. Run UnSafeDisc 1.5.5 (see http://gamefix.moax.com/files/unsafediscv1.5.5.zip) on Carma2_HW replace Carma2.HW.EXE with whichever of Testme.exe or Testme2!.exe works. Don't worry if you get a BRender Error when you run this file directly (i.e. not from Carma2.exe).

4. Run UnSafeDisc 1.5.5 on Carma2_SW replace Carma2.SW.EXE with whichever of Testme.exe or Testme2!.exe works.

5. You should now be able to run Carma2.exe and play Carmageddon 2 under Windows 2000.

BINGO got carmageddon 2 working on XP , found a 3dfx gide emulator installed the patches and the noCD patch , the only thing is you may need to use keyboard and mouse to set up steering wheel but i installed the zombie,blood and aliens patches , put screen res to 800x600 to help with mouse , for thoes who cant even load the game well!!!! here we go

in your system32 folder you have lost AUTOEXEC.NT readme file which you need to get back, and then in windows folder you have a "repair" folder!!! you need to copy and paste "autoexe.nt and config.nt back into window systems32 folder this should sort out any install programs from old software .........for AUTOEXEC.NT file copy and paste this into a readme file like notepad @echo off

REM AUTOEXEC.BAT is not used to initialize the MS-DOS environment.

REM AUTOEXEC.NT is used to initialize the MS-DOS environment unless a

REM different startup file is specified in an application's PIF.

REM Install CD ROM extensions

lh %SystemRoot%\system32\mscdexnt.exe

REM Install network redirector (load before dosx.exe)

lh %SystemRoot%\system32\redir

REM Install DPMI support

lh %SystemRoot%\system32\dosx

i hope this helps

xBALDYx