Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
oXide

Q1 and Win2k...help

Hi...I am having a problem with win2k and glqw. When i play on the net, it feels like i have major paket loss...when in fact i dont. I have like 0-pl and 50ping...i dont get it. I know it has something to do with win2k too cause in 98 (which i dont have installed anymore) it doesnt work. Is there something i can do in win2k to rid this awful problem?? I need my QW!

PS...It feels either like PL, or like it is skipping frames or something you know... subtle, but enough to screw up my game play. This doesnt happen in q3

Thanks alot. I've been trying to figure it out for like 5 months and consulted other message boards, but to no avail.

-oXide

p3700 (at973)

voodoo5

196MB RAM

win2k w/dx8

Didn't the quake series prior to Q3A have a problem where you had to limit the framerate to avoid a major lag? It's something like the renderer goes too fast and impedes the network connector. Unfortunately, I don't remember the command, but I do know that it's on the in the geforce faq (yeah yeah I know, you're running a voodoo, but it might not hurt to check) at www.geforcefaq.com.