Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DosFreak

Application Compatibility Updates HIDDEN in Microsoft

Hey! DOSFREAK i have read your post about ACT and several games seems to be working now. Can you help me whith the game: Warhammer 40000: Chaos Gate (by random games) i was trying to work the game under XP for months and months...but no results. I have tried VMware and Virtual PC 2004 but, it has video and sound big problems (and performance).

I think ACT is the response but i have no idea how to get working!

Please help me.

PD:I do not understand english very well, please be patient whit me if you whish to help me.

THANKS!

YEAH !!!

Help me, please...

I want to install NFSHS under WIN2000, but I had a error message: "Runs only under 95 or 98". So I tried to solve this problem using apcompat.exe. But it didn't work. When I run Setup.exe, chosen installation languange, I had a error message like this: The instruction at "0x00406b41" referenced memory at "0xfffffffff". The memory could not be read. It's fatal error and I can't solve it. What should I do?

Sorry for my bad languange....

I ned help!!!

okay,when i was trying to install half life,and i click the install button,a 0xc0000005 application failed to load error pops up,its so fustruating.all the reqirements are met since half life is such an old game.So can anyone please help me?

BTW:I am running a windows xp home SP 1

[Edited by blackchicken on 2005-02-11 08:54:32]

Hey is there any way to get Betraya at Krondor runing under windows xp SP 2. Vdmsound used to do it for under 2000 and I think xp SP1. But now nothing seems to help I tried the modification Dos Freak advises in this thread but no go sadly.

It probably doesn't have enough memory. I haven't run BAK in straight XP for awhile now, use DosBox for it now but for XP try this:

XP

Edit the AUTOEXEC.NT file in the SYSTEM32 directory and REM the DOSX line.

It should look like this:

REM Install DPMI support

REM lh %SystemRoot%\system32\dosx

Save the file.

Right-click on Krondor.exe and go to the Memory tab. Max out Expanded Memory.

Click on OK to save. Use the .pif or .EXE to play the game!

UnRem the line you REMed when you are done!

The reason I don't run BAK with just XP is because most newer motherboards nowadays, including mine, do not provide the page frames that NT4/2K/XP need to enable EMS (Expanded Memory). Which is why I use DosBox. If the above doesn't work for you then you'll have to use DosBox unless you want to start disabling devices in your just for one game.

Hi there,

I'm trying to play Need for Speed Underground 2 (NSFU2) on a Windows 2003 Server operating system.

Installation goes very well.... running the game starts the intro plash and after that it just stops running.

Windows 2003 Server is not supported, but is there a way to bypass this problem???

Thanx!

Please start a new thread for that problem. This thread has gone off-topic. People who read the topic probably won't click on it to help you with your problem.

Thread closed.