Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MD45

Vampire TMR Win2k Install Problem

Anyone else having problems install Vampire: The Masquerade Redemption? I get to 99% and then it errors.. anyone know of a fix for this?

Are you sure there is an error?

I know lots of installshield programs stall at 99% in win2k. perhaps you should wait a bit longer.

eg: i was installing some partition magic and it stalled at 99% unpacking the files, then hit 100% 5 minutes later and then vanished. and I decided to leave it and not terminate the weird process it had created in task manager. 10 minutes later, the partition magic screen popped up with the license agreement prompt. I had lost interest in the time waiting so i just cancelled it.. smile

mr_yellow

edit: in anycase, vampire installed fine for me. I believe i had to wait for it to hit 100% too.

[This message has been edited by mr_yellow (edited 27 June 2000).]

When the installscreen comes up, all looks fine. But when I move the cursor over the options (install, more, quit etc) it moves choppy as &¤%#¤%. It remindes me of the intro on Soldier of Fortune, when u ran it as an administrator (before the patch, that is!). Since I got Win98SE as well, I never bothered to try and install it. If anyone has an idea, I'd sure like to hear it!

------------------

AMD Athlon 750MHz

ASUS K7V

ASUS V6800 PURE

128MB 133RAM

20,5 GB IBM HD

After 99% it waits and waits and the sounds is still going.. then it comes up with a program error and goes into debugging mode.

After 99% it waits and waits and the sounds is still going.. then it comes up with a program error and goes into debugging mode.

I too have the same problems loading VTMR but found running the setup.exe instead of the autorun gets around it. Its not perfect becouse after the install it trys to install a second time then once you quit that the music keeps playing and you need to reset the machine to shut it down but after that its ok. Its kind of a pain but I must say it runs much better for me on 2k then 98 or me. I'm using the 5.30 dets at 12x10x32 w/fsaa and it looks great, deffinatly worth the hassle of the install.

Part of the problem for me was the CD player would autorun as soon as a disk is put in. On the first disk I had time to shut it down before the autorun kicked in. The install went fine until it asked for the second disk, and then it wasn't recognized in any of my drives.

My way around that was to have each of the disks sitting in a drive on the computer. Then I ran setup and when the game asked for the 2nd disk, I browsed to the drive where it was and the install finished no problem.

If you only have one drive, you can try disabling autorun for data/audio cd's and that may work also. But you might have a lot of fun re-enabling autorun even using tweak-ui. :-)

No need to go to "l'enfer".

Press and shift until the disc stop spinning,

a few seconds really 15-20.

Okay- so i followed all the instructions and got a move file error; I still can't get this darn game installed. I really enjoyed the game when I first played it on win98, but now that I'm running a dual processor system I'm not interested in a dual boot system (i paid money for second processor. second processor should always be working hard for that money.). So... What can I do? Is there something else I should try or should I add the Vampire discs to my coaster collection?

James