Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bobafett

Aliens vs. Predator Gold compatibility problems with Win2k

Hi.. I have been having trouble with the mouse in Aliens vs. Predator Gold under windows 2000. The game works fine but the mouse buttons stick sometimes (it's not my mouse because it only does it for this game and also it does this same thing on my friend's computer). Does anybody know a way to fix this? (it also does it for some other games such as Nox)

- [bobafet] (fett@willcomp.com)

Yep, I'm having the same problem. Whenever I try to move the mouse and fire at the same time, it won't fire. When I set up a keyboard key to fire, the problem goes away. So it must be a problem with the way the mouse works, Mabye DirectX related?

I have not seen this problem in any other game I play, e.g., Q3A, UT, Unreal, Half-Life, etc.

If anyone has a solution let us know. And if anyone runs AvP in W2K without problems, let us know what kind of mouse you're using.

Thanks!

Yep it is Directx related....if you can find the latest build of the Directx 8 beta for Windows 2000, you'll have no trouble getting rid of those sticky keys in Aliens vs Predator. Worked like a champ for me and everyone else I know that has that problem. Cheers.

ledzeppel,

I've searched the net over and couldn't find it. If you (or anyone else) could post a link where you got it, you'd sure get a lot of appreciation from us frustrated AvP players.

To anyone else, I'll keep my eyes open for it and if I find a link I'll post it here.

I tried using DirectX 8 version 0079 and it doesn't help with the mouse problem. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the game, that didn't help either.

Can you think of anything else you might be doing differently that could be of help? I'm using a cheap Microsoft wheel mouse, but any other mouse I use doesn't work either. Any help would be much appreciated, I'd really like to get this game to work without going back to Win98.

Thanks.

Thanks ledzeppel!!!

Just for the heck of it I reinstalled DX8 one last time and amazingly it worked!!!!

Thanks for the tip and the link.