Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HarU

Diakatana......I know it sucks but.....

Okay guys....i know every hates daikatana, but i still spent 30 bucks on it and i want to find out how bad it sucks for myself. But, i am having a problem. After i beat the first small mission and it says loading... for the next little mission, the game boots me back to the desktop and says "daikatan.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows....and error log is being created." or something like that.

This really sucks because the first little mission is only about 2 minutes long, and that's not enough time for me to figure out whether i like the game or not.

Has anyone had these problems???? Can anyone please help???

Here are my pc spcs:

Win2k Final

abit bp6 w/dual cele 400's oced to 450's

256 MB pc-100 ram

3d Prophet Geforce DDR

SBLive.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

game runs with dx8beta drivers. see if you can find them. this should solve this problem. game may still crash occasionally but just start again. this game rocks! i do not know what the problem is that everyone has with this game. plays best when config files are set to "3dfxgl", if you have a voodoo. the opengl32 sucked on my voodoo3. it made the game choppy and nasty looking.i wanted to throw-up but when i changed the config files it ran like a dream. this game is better then SOF. Its about time we got a good FPS that had single player in mind. A daba daba dab Thats All Folks!

Hey oldspice....thx for the info. Can you send me the dx8beta drivers please??? I would be much appreciated. I still can't play the game and i would really like to see how it is. My email address is:

r_tape@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance...and thx for your help. smile

I too am having the same problem. The game keeps crashing after the first small area.

I have loaded DirectX 8 and have messed with the config file (I think I messed with the correct one) Could you please give a little more insight as to what you had to do to get the game to run?

Thanks

System:

Abit BP6 with dual celeron 466

Voodoo3 2000 PCI (Newest drivers from 3DFX)

Sound Blaster Live MP3+ (Newest drivers)

128 MB RAM

look under data directory and edit all the cfg's, make sure they all say:

set gl_driver "3dfxgl"

i read somewhere else about changing the mipmap setting to bilinear for some cards but i have a voodoo3-2000 and it plays great once i changed from opengl32 to 3dfxgl.

i had read elsewhere that some video cards perform better with the glsetup available on the net. i did not use this.i know nothing about it.

try running past the point that crashes without shooting anything. i noticed that crashes could be avoided by not doing certain things in certain spots.

there is also a minigl 1.48 driver available from www.3dfxgamers.com but i do not know if it works under win2000, you could try this also.

sorry for so many posts, but my daikatana directory has 3dfxgl.dll version 1.46 MiniGL in regard to running my voodoo3-2000.

ummm, the only problem here oldspice is that all of your fixes pertain to 3dfx's cards only. I have an Nvidia card. A Geforce DDR. These fixes won't work for me. frown

thx anyway though.

I did the changes in all the config files. I put in "3dfxgl", started the game and had it crash in the same area.

It gives me an error when it dies though. It seems to be a memory problem. I can't imagine why it is crashing but I guess that is what you get when you wait for a game for 3 years. HAHA

If i was you i will go back to the store and replace the freak game, it's just like trying to play Half-Life all the way with one scientist and one barney, to open the doors, and change levels, and if they die you are cooked, finished, the game is unrealistically difficult i quit it, because even cheating you need the two dumbs thats gets killed when you let them wandering, it sucks to such extent that even cheating you can't win ??????

I dont know try something else....

I've the same problem, can someone send me a link to the DIRECTX8BETA drivers.

System:

p3-550

256MB PC100

TNT2U with 5.22 drivers

SBLive

------------------

LINUX is like a Wigwam, no windows, no gates only an Apache inside!