Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Maniac_NL

NFS 4 in win 2000

a topic on "wincompatible"said how to run NFS 4 in win 2000, but it doesn't work

can anyone help me out here ?

Ya, if anyone knows of a fix for this I'd be forever grateful. The workaround that is on Nt compatable is base on a RC version of 2000. The files arnt on the final release.

Thanks...

RattDawg

The instructions work fine with the final release... I know, I did it myself. You are right that the files aren't there, but you can do the same thing with apcompat.exe, which IS in the final release. Or, you can also do a search of the forums, because someone posted those files on their website.

Hey thanks Viper I didnt know about that trick. Ill give it a try sometime soon and post back.

Thanx...

RattDawg

It works now, but i can only run the game in software, and can't update the game with the auto patch

i got a

PIII 450Mhz

Chaintech 6BTM mainboard

128MB ram

Guillemot G-Force 265

Sb 128 PCI

SCSI 29160 (Adaptec)

2 hd's, C: SCSI 9,1 gb

d: IDE 20 gb

Pextor cd-rom 40

Plextor cd-rw 8220

100mb Network adapter

i hope anyone can help me out here frown

I have tried this installation method, but I don't get the "Can not run Unicode version...". Instead I get an MSVCRT.DLL error: "Error: MCVCRT.DLL is not compatible with Win32s".

Any surgestions?

My PC has Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 SP3 installed. Has this anything to do with that?

that's because you used win the win compatible

you made the game think your system is a win 95/98 machine

then you get the msvcrt error

Regarding the MSVCRT error:

I used apcompat.exe on the installation program (_INS5576.EXE), and here a selected Win98. I wasn't supposed to do that? I don't have the imagecfg.exe, am I required use that or is apcompat.exe OK?

Thanks for your input so far.