Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Shadey

DirectX 8 Beta and Win2k

Does someone has tested this ? If so, does d3d more speed than in directx7 ? what are bugs ?

Thanks for your replies, see ya !

It may be a tad faster...but the big difference is sound.. MUCH BETTER! You'll now get hardware acceleration with all those SBLIVE's. It's looking good.

I'm not using dx8 beta and i'm getting perfect sound at full acceleration.

Yes and no, you are getting 3-D positional sound if you set it up in the game properly along with your hardware/software. However, yours is doing it in a software buffer (dx7 win2000), while the new dx8 beta does it in a hardware buffer. Better this way and clearer sound.

As far as I can tell I have gotten much better performance. Much better sound and a little better framerates. The biggest differnce seems to be stability on my machine.

Later...

RattDawg

Hey Guys :

Does anyone knows the URL for the DirectX 8 Beta ?!?!?

i Cant find it anywhere on the Internet. I Tried on MS Website and some other Websites but nothing at all

Thanx for your help

------------------

~*(hAyThAm)*~

i would have to say my system seem more stable and all the games i have tried have preformed as well as before upgrading

i will agree with the sound being better though.

in q3 and hl my fps is probably the same

The big $20.000 question is: Does it fix the sticky keys problem?

that link doesnt seem to have dx8 beta any more

anybody else have any other links?

Yeah I would upgrade if it fixes sticky keys. Sticky keys is no fun in rogue spear frown

If anyone gives me an FTP to upload to, i can "supply" them with a copy!

Why it not recommended that beceaues who ever package it didn't know what there are doing.

Okay, my bad....i just checked out the link, and the website that it links to is gone. The "link" is still there, but the website is gone. Stupid people. They need to take that link down.

Right, no way to get this f***ing file!

If anyway has this file please put it

on any ftp server and mail the address to:

getmetallican@gmx.de !Please!

hrmm yeah if anyone has it tell me too =) e-mail is nemisis@lithium.intercarve.net

I have got to know if the method of installing DirectX 8 works as detailed in the thread in the Games Forum. Has anyone here tried it?

Yes it does work, Ive had quite a few people email me and say thanks for it, and how great it is without sticky keys...

Its worth a shot ...

------------------

Its True! Its True!

Hey all,

To those that have Directx8.0 installed, are there any problems running NHL 2000?

I know its crappy overall in win2k, but i got a dual boot with win 98, and ME, and with directx8 i get a error once the intro is finished playing, before the menu comes up.

(NFS porsche unleashed seems to be having problems as well)

Also is there any way to manually remove the directx8.0 files and registry entries so i can reinstall 7 to see if directx is the culprit? Right now i killed all the files that started with DX, but still says Directx has detected newer version.

thanks

smile

Ugh, I can't seem to find the thread explaining the installation for DX8. Do I just run the bloody .exe or what?

Sorry, my search skills must be toast.....

CO