Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gamemaster59

OpenGL refresh rate

Can anyone tell me how to get refresh rates higher than 60hz in opengl games like soldier of fortune?

dont tell me to use powerstrip because i dont want to and it doesn't work.

I have a tnt 2 with the 5.16 driver'

Another way would be to manipulate the .INF file of the drivers. This was posted a while ago so credits go to someone else (don´t know who, sorry frown )

Open the NV4_DISP.INF with the notepad.

Go to the line reading "NV5 (TNT2) Supported Reference Modes" (of course without the " )

Now all you have to do is removing the refresh rates you don´t want your games to run on.

Reinstall the drivers.

Another approach might be to tell Windows to use a different monitor. For example, my Hyundai DeluxeScan 17B+ is capable of running 1024x768 @ 85 hz. But if I install Windows´ own driver for it it won´t get above 60 hz, too. So I played around a bit with different monitor drivers and found the one for the 21" Hyundai screen to fit perfectly. 85 hz again smile

One final word to PowerStrip: installing it isn´t the only thing you´ve got to do to get higher refresh rates in games. You have to create presets for your games, too.

SKIP IF YOU ALREADY TRIED

To do this, right click on the PowerStrip icon in the taskbar and choose PowerStrip Configuration. Go to the Presets tab. In the Associations field point PowerStrip to the .EXE file of your game. In Display Settings, choose the desired resolution, the color depth and the refresh rate you want to run your game in. Now, drag and drop the chosen settings to the gray Associations fiels by left clicking and holding somewhere on the gray ground within the Display Settings field and move up the pointer to the gray background of the Associations fiels, then releasing the button.