Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gamemaster59

Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback wheel perfomance in w2k

I have a Ms sidewinder force feedback wheel GAMEPORT VERSION.

The software that came with it (ver 3.0) doesn't work with w2k. I tried installing the wheel in game devices in control panel and it worked. it detected it as a Ms sidewinder force feedback wheel and tested to be all right(all the buttons work).

I can get force feedback but in games like nfs5 and rally championship when i go to configure my controls on the wheel it becomes reallly slow but once i go to another menu its all right. Also the force feedback seems to be not as good as win98.

What im asking is, do i need the latest software for force feedback to work properly under w2k?

The latest version that is on the microsoft site is 3.02. Will version 3.02 work with w2k pro and give good force feedback?

If not,

Where can i get the version 4.0?

thanks

Hi,

Version 3 of the Sidewinder software won't install under Windows 2000, period.

I've been trying to get the version 4 software from SOMEONE on this forum for two weeks, with no luck. Jaztec was going to send it or post it but he seems to have disappeared from the face of the earth.

Will anyone help us by posting a link to their Sidewinder Profiler software version 4.0, so we can get our gear properly configured?

AdslBoy in the other sidewinder message(below this one) said he would post the 4.0 software if we give him a location.

To AdslBoy

why dont you get a freedrive account and post it there? then share the account with us so we can download the software.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks guys for posting this software!

Unfortunately, it seems to only be for the Sidewinder Force Feedback Wheel. Is there some other software in the package that can be used for the USB Precision Pro joystick?

Hi

I've been looking for this software for ages since i'm a Win Xp user and the

X drive account doen't work any more so if any ones got it.

Plz

Thanks

You will not be able to to use SideWinder Game Controller Version 4.0 software unless you have a ture USB model and must go to that game device that it come with.

There is no all one SideWinder Game Controller Version 4.0 package like Version 3.2 was.

Oh by the way you never get any update when buying MS Game Device they have not update the any of the drivers nor SideWinder Version 4 package.

[size:18]Thanks for the help but i was just wandering if there were any other ways you could join Z&Y axis or the Brake & Accelerator in to one Axis since i have a few older racing games,

Thanks[/color]

does anyone know where I can download this ??

the X-Drive thing has changes since 3 years or so ago smile

I NEED THIS SOFTWARE ! I can set someone up with an FTP accoun to my server if they need to.....

Why is it so hard to get hold of the version 4 drivers??

Does anybody please have a link for me to get hold of these drivers..

I will be forever in debt to you ;o) hehe!!

PLEASE!!!

ChonGeD

okay, I have the SideWinder Force Feedback Steering Wheel USB 4.0 Windows 2000 software...

I cannot host this file anymore, due to the 30 or so people downloading this file at one given time, which kills my bandwidth !

if you want the file and you can host this file, please PM me... I can upload it via FTP for you...

I had been searching for this for ages and eventually found a link to the file in these forums thanks to Mr.Guvernment and Richard Parry.

So In order to save richard the hassle of all the requests for the file on his ICQ account I thought I would post links to the file here laugh

@Mr.Guvernment I hope you dont mind me including your link, I thought it would be a good idea in case something happened to my link, Im sure you can understand the frustration of not being able to find a working link.

http://www.skunk0001.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/mssff40.zip - My Link

http://66.207.199.6/forums/mrguv/mssff40.zip - Link by Mr.Guvernment

NOTE: This file is ONLY for the Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Wheel (USB) and will NOT work with gameport versions or other Sidewinder controllers.

Enjoy

Skunk

Hi

I wanna know if anyone can help me with MS SideWinder Controller Version 4.0 Software for the SW ForceFeedback 2 Joystick.

I've lost my CD and recently reinstalled Windows98 and now have a semi-useless joystick frown

If anyone can help me with a link, the help will be much appreciated.

Thx

US

hmmm

the only one available that I know about, as the links are posted above, are for the ForceFeedback Wheel and not the joystick.... there might be a download for this software on the MS site ?

I once had the MS Sidewinder Force Feedback Wheel gameport version on a Win2k machine. All I did was use the MS Sidewinder Autodetect in the Game Controller icon in Control Panel and it worked fine - NFS5 handled well too. I don't remember about the joined x/y axis thing though, I think I just used whatever default settings were available.

I gave the thing to my cousin though, and got myself a Logitech Wingman Formula Force Wheel - works great on any OS with USB support, plus I like the way it's wired - only one cable (the one that goes to the pedal assembly) connects to the wheel assembly; all other cables including power supply and USB connect to the pedal assembly, resulting in less cable mess.

I am glad it worked for you Phalanx-Imawano

Although I am using the v4.0 drivers, for 2k, it has fixed the problems I was experiencing with the X/Y axis, but the force feedback is pretty much non existant.... infact its pretty strange...

If you drive over a bumpy area, which would normaly make the wheel judder and feel like it should do, it now just make it harder to steer in one direction... the next bump etc would change the steering (e.g. harder to steer on the other side), which is very strange... I have spent months playing with the controlls, setting back to default, trying other pc's, other games... none of them work frown If I plug the game controller into a Windows 98SE PC, using the drivers which were supplied on the CD with the wheel, it vibrates, judders and does everything it should do...

However, on the 2k Pro box, if I go into the controller settings, I can test each force, which works perfectly, as it should, but this does not happen properly in the game(s)....

Anybody have any idea why this is ?

i need an original cd for the ffw gameport version i have an ftp setup and runnin if someone can make an iso i will host an account for your files on a just about 24/7 basis email= bobhere73@hotmail.com