Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
archetype

starlancer....

Having purchased this game a few days ago, and having played it for a couple of days, i'm hooked - so you can imagine my anger now, that when i end a mission in any way shape or form, be that by quitting out, completing, or dying... the game bombs out to windows. This has not always been the case, and all that i have installed between it working fine and not working fine is macromedia director 8 -- so can anyone help me... i want to be able to play my game... it rocks, i love it...

*tsk tsk* a new microsoft game, not working in a new microsoft OS... how my mac/linux using friends laughed.

Arche

btw... what i got...

FIC SD11 mobo

Athlon750

384 Meg Ram

Creative Labs GeForce Pro (running 5.14)

SB Live Player 1024 (running liveware 2000)

Generic NIC device

Generic Modem device

Belkin Firewire card

Adaptec SCSI card (CD version)

2x20gig HD

10xDVD rom

40xCD rom

all running under win2k-professional.

[This message has been edited by archetype (edited 03 May 2000).]

I too have just bought the game, and I'm extremely pissed off with it. It frequently crashes, auto-saves when I don't want it too, and won't let me re-assign the hat to cycle weapons.

However, I have found that shutting down as much as possible (AIM, HotSync, Intellipoint, Outlook, etc) before running it reduces the incidence of crashes.

Its not so much that it crashes frequently, i mean but for this one problem, i only ever have a lockup every now and then which i have anyhows due to geforce/athlon/win2k stuff - i'm used to that and can deal with it - i've actualyl closed down everything, killing off all non essential processes and still cannot seem to make the game run beyond one mission, and the worst part being it crashes and dumps before it autosaves, so i cannot go any further in the game frown

I have this game running more or less without problem on my PC. I have had one instance of the game dropping back to the desktop (no errors displayed though) and once it looked like it crashed part way through a mission when it stopped to play a cut scene (an actual movie though, not using the game engine), but a waggle of the joystick brought things back to life.

I think the drop to the desktop was caused by my video drivers as this has happened in other games. I have recently installed the latest beta drivers for the my G400 MAX (5.06) and haven't had any problems (but I haven't really played enough since installing to be sure that the problem is fixed).

Rest of my system:

Windows 2000

P3 500

256MB PC100 RAM

Intel 440BX-2 Motherboard

Matrox G400MAX (beta 5.06 drivers)

SB Live Value (Liveware for Win2k drivers)

The game is also fully installed to the hard disk, so there are no CD-ROM accesses to get in the way.

5/4/00 - Was playing StarLancer again last night, and I had another drop out to the desktop. Fortunately it was a fairly easy mission (19 I think) so it wasn't a problem.

[This message has been edited by Bursar (edited 05 May 2000).]

has anyone had the problem of the game not being able to go into hardware renderer??

i cant get it to get there, it keeps it in software.... weird...

please help

Try remove the Joystick or GamePad see that help

I can't even get it to load.

It locks up on the loading screen.

I think its something to do with my SB Live drivers. This damned monstrosity of a driver release is the only thing holding me back from banishing Windows 98se completely

evil Homer

I have a feeling its my SB live drivers that may be causing me my problems, i only mention this cos it was fein before i bought the new audio card, now after installing it its gone belly up - however, it did work for about 6 hours after the new installation of the drivers... so - strange.

Archey

K, Ive had enough of this game. I cant get the damn game to work with any configuration. See my configuration listed below. When i try to run the game in direct 3d mode at any resolution my pc locks up entering a level. If I try to run the game in software mode it boots me out to the desktop with no error. In other words I cannot run the game. Keep in mind I run Win2k Pro and all my drivers are the latest and I did like the games readme file tells to by doing the Windows Update thing.

SPECS:

V3 3500

SBLIVE

CELERON 500

128 MEGS RAM

GRAVIS GAMEPAD USB

QUANTUM KA 7200 RPM IN ATA66 MODE

CREATIVE 52X CDROM

Apparently Warthog are working on a patch, but they want to get a partial Dreamcast port done for E3 first.

After that they should start working on a patch. If you can hold out fot it, then it may help fix some of the problems.

Great I buy this game but is ****ing slow...I can think I had an 166 MHz Pentium But I have an 400 MHz with 198 MB Ram 300 Virtual Ram and a Vodoo 2. But after the Application Update and new Install it don't accept my Vodoo2 and see only my Ati Rage. Have someone an Idee...

at the Moment I gaming it on Win 98 (I made an Dual OS...but I wouldt that forever.....)

No offence Swiss, but you really need to replace your video card.

ATi cards are just plain rubbish when it comes to games, and the Voodoo II has more than outlived its life.

You should probably look at getting a GeForce card if you want to upgrade now, or maybe wait to see what the next Matrox card is going to be like.

I've read some benchmarks comparing the GeForce 2 to the Voodoo 5500, and the GeForce 2 kicks butt.

In fact a DDR GeForce I is quicker than the new Voodoo card in some of the tests!