Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Paulyw1985

NFS 5 and WIN 2k, nothing working

Hey all. I have tried everything, and nothing works. I have installed full version, ISO, all patches, all cracks, deleted gimme.dll, but still nothing works

and its not that it gets in game and sits in login screen, it doesn't even go in the game. it goes black screen then sits there and i hear and error message sound. i alt tab out, and i see error message and i have no way of selecting it. the only way i get passed this is by rebooting. please help.

i just formatted and reinstalled windows 2000 recently.

i own

p3 600

256 ram

riva tnt 2 ultra

win 2k

i have no idea of what the problem might be.

if you know, please help.

oh yeah, and i did have it working before, i just had to reinstall the game.

you have to delete a file called (i think) gimmie.dll i dont know why, but when you delete it the game works fine!

what its doing without deleting that file is generating a HUGE swap file that usually causes the game to crash before it even starts.

hope this helps

--now inc

------------------

Now inc.

http://www.now-incorporated.com

Could anyone please help me??

im really pissed off at this, bought a working game and now it doesn't work?!?!

please someone

How big is your page file ?

when i make the file to big, the doesn't run anymore

i got 128mb ram, and page not biger then 100 to 300 mb

then the game runs fine

good luck laugh

Ok, i went down to the store and bought NFS5 and installed it from the cd and it works perfectly. Maybe you should try that?

I installed mine under win98, then deleted the gimme.dll file and used the crack from www.megagames.com and had it running on each machine that I own, and one actually had similar spec to yours (same card and processor) That was the only way that I was able to get it to work...now i can just move the folder to any tnt based wink machine and the games seems to run fine (1280x1024)