Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ramius

Star Wars: Force commander in win2K

Anyone been able to run force commander under win2k. It works fine in win98 but when I try to start it up in win2K i just get a black window that takes consumes all of my cpu power, doing nothing.

My system is a dual celeron 500, 256 mb ram, leadtek winfast tnt2 ultra. Please Help Me

I can get it to run problem is at random times during play it just stops and goes back to windows...

Using TNT2 with latest drivers is fine for me under Win2k

PII 400 128MB RAM

Funny you should ask. I have been playing Focomm flawlessly for about a month on Win2K. Then I reinstalled it due to a mobo upgrade, and have just been dumped back to the desktop each time I try to start it. So I emailed Lucasarts Tech support and was told this:

"We are sorry for your problems with Force Commander. Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do for you. Our game was not designed to work with Windows 2000, nor is Windows 2000 a gaming operating system. I recommend going back to Windows 98, or looking to Microsoft for an answer to your problems."

Pretty friggin classic, huh? I just paid $50 for a freakin game that LucasArts REFUSES to support on a particular platform. This will most definitely be the LAST LucasArts game I buy. Not to mention the fact that Lucas is an idiot for not releasing Star Wars on DVD. I've had it with him.

[This message has been edited by ThePumpKinKing (edited 02 May 2000).]

I can understand the company's point of view. When they had their schedule Win2k wasn't out and testing under it wasn't under their plans (nor I think under any of the games currently released plans). These guys have a schedule to follow (and investors to please).

Would you really not buy another LucasArts game because of this? Then you are potentially shutting yourself out of their next blockbuster wink

Yeah that e-mail sounds harsh but that is the reality for games that have been released. But! if we all let ourselves be heard to the game companies _future_ releases will have Win2k support.

P.S

Lucas has agreed to do the DVD. Check out starwars.com

[This message has been edited by AdslBoy (edited 03 May 2000).]

I have this:

Mainboard ASUSP3C 2000

Intel PIII 550 Flip chip overclocked to 733

128 mb ram

Creative Labs Geforce DDR Drivers 3.84 (nvidia)

windows 2000 pro

SBlive Value (BASIC WDM Drivers)

Force Commander installed under Win98 (the games keeps hanging all the time in win98)

then i upgrade to w2k the hanging continues; i upgrade to 1.1 version; the game locks up

(no change at all) then i use Nvidia drivers 3.84 nad now i can play the game without any problems

Shame Lucas for not supporting us!

I am 3D Animator and need Windows 2000; but i need to keep playng carajo...

ok SW on DVD? is that true?

But lucas is going down; episode 1 was a failure; it didnt make fans...

Bye

------------------

Tips you can give young-programmer-jedi in training

If you can feel a force, it usually means a bathroom break is imminent. Resistance is futile.