Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kingtrey

soldier of fortune

ok, i don't know whats wrong with soldier of fortune. the game works, everything is cool, but i can't pick 3DFX OpenGL as my display driver in the game to use my 3dfx card. it works with Default OpenGL, but its a lot slower then it would be with real 3dfx going. help me obiwan kenobi, you're my only hope!

What is the video card make and model? What drivers are you using?

I am running a Voodoo3 2000 PCI with the newest drivers from 3DFX and have had no problem running soldier of fortune.

Give us a little more info and maybe we can narrow this problem down for you.

I'm also using a voodoo3 2000 with the latest w2k drivers from 3dfx but I can't choose 3dfx opengl either.. only default opengl. and... I have to deselect EAX and choose default sound because with EAX, the game is running VERY slow and a lot of "sounddrops".

yeah, i have a Voodoo 3 3000 AGP and Windows 2000 ... same problems as stated above ... i don't know what the deal is but i wish i could play this game ... either 3dfx needs to get with the picture or somebody needs to patch this baby up/

I went into the game this morning and realized that I am running it in default OpenGL also. I tried to run it in 3DFX OpenGL but it kept kicking me back into the default mode.

What are your specs on your machines?

I finished the game in about a week with my system and it never bogged down at all.

My machine:

Dual Celeron 466's

Abit BP6 motherboard

128 MB RAM

20 GB hard drive

Voodoo3 2000 PCI video card (Newest drivers)

SB Live MP3+ Sound card (Newest drivers)

ok here are the specs on my machine:

Pentium II 400

128 MB RAM

25 GB harddrive

*Windows 2000*

Voodoo3 3000 AGP video card (official W2K drivers)

SB Live X-Gamer sound card (official W2K drivers)

the game, as i see it, is definitely lacking speed and detail, which i think could be obtained if the 3dfx OpenGL would work, but it could also be the W2K drivers ... they work but they could def. use some improvement. anyways, let me know if you have any suggestions.

- Trey

My sysconfig is:

Soltek mainboard

Celeron 266@412

256 DIMM100mhz

Sb Live!

voodoo3 2000

Miro PCTV Pro

tosiba dvd

philips cd-rw

com21 cablemodem

realtek8029 network adapter

Intel 10/100 network adapter

sony 17"

logitech webcam express

By looking at your specs, you both should be flying through the game.

I am going to do a little research tonight and will post anything I find.

I just finished assembling a system for a client of mine with a Voodoo 3 3000 in it.. it was a Celeron 500 on a Tyan Trinity 371 mobo or something along those lines.. 128MB ram.. anywho, i couldnt get ANY OpenGL stuff to work with the latest win2k drivers from 3dfx, so I went and got the Wicked3D OpenGL drivers.. installed em, and installed em in the various games they supported.. a few games that didnt work before did now, but SOF didnt.. i ended up having to delete config.cfg in /user, then it loaded.. I quit out and it wouldnt load again.. did it one more time and it loaded fine again.. I was confused.. played the game for a minute or two, quit out, and then it would load fine.. probably had to play first for it to save the config.cfg.. anywho it works fine now.

------------------

-Da_G

I just got the demo version and I was unable to pick 3dfx opengl also I have a Voodoo3 3000 AGP, well after reading the install notes I saw this

NOTE TO VOODOO 3 USERS: Voodoo3 cards use the default opengl settings, not the 3dfx opengl settings.

Hmm, still seems as if it should be a bit faster and maybe better loking, but heck I have no grips, Might go buy this once I get paid. =)