Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lotacus

Win2k Boot Menu

Need to know how to restore the boot loader of win2k without going through the installation process again. Also along with that need a good boot menu that I can use to boot winME and Win2k and BeOs. Seeing how beos is just really an application and not a real OS installation (in terms of autobooting like other OS') the menu needs to be configurable, meaning that I can edit the menu and type the location and the file of the program to load. eg: f:|beos|beloader.exe

someone help. smile

The file is C:\Boot.ini

Attrib -r -h -s c:\boot.ini

edit c:\boot.ini

attrib +a +r +s +h c:\boot.ini

BeOS if installed onto a BFS partion is a stand alone OS and not a program at all. BeOS5 PE just brought the boot from another OS feature to the front to gain users. if you want you can use the BeOS bootman to boot all your OS and you get that cool BeOS logo too. go into Be and open a terminal window and type bootman. that will launch the GUI boot config that will write to your MBR and make a backup at the same time. for more info or help http://www.betips.net/ i would use BeOS if i didnt play games. its really fast and the Be filesystem rocks! you can even play Mp3s backwards (Be is the only OS i know you can that in)

sorry Rocko, that won't work, try installing BeOS 4.5 first, winme or whatever second, and then install Win2k last, win2k like to be the boot manager but it will not see the BeOS OS, you can manually edit the BOOT.INI and tell it where the BeOS partition is, but i haven't tried that yet, i just use a boot disk. BTW, i don't know if you can install beos5pe in a BFS partition of its own, thats why i said use 4.5 and not 5pe.

I haven't tried BeOS before, but if you can grip the bootsector of BeOS, then you have some luck to let the OS Loader to boot BeOS.

By the way, I have successfully boot my Linux from Windows 2000 boot menu.

sorry eddie but it does. look at http://www.betips.net/ WTF you think windows cant be added to the BeOS boot menu? it dosent matter what order you install the OS either. it does make it easier since you dont have to back up the MBR. and BeOS 5 PE can be installed by it self or you can upgrade your BeOS 4.5 system. "BTW, i don't know if you can install beos5pe in a BFS partition of its own, thats why i said use 4.5 and not 5pe." well then dont post if you dont know what the **** your talking about eddie

Quote:
Originally posted by EddiE314:
.....you say: "It can be done...", yea, i know it can, but you can also drive a f*ckin car with your feet, but it might not be a good idea and it might not be the easiest g0dda*ned thing to do!

actually, i think driving without your feet would be a lot harder.... smile

YES! ;-). Win2k should be the bootmenu. Install it last.

*clap* *clap* *clap*, i'm glad you got it to work, but obviously other people cannot, i'm trying to help them a$$hole, Windows 2000's boot loader WILL NOT SEE BeOS!!! you have to add it manually and you have to add windows 2000 last in the list of operating systems. There! Nuff' said. what a prick

what im saying is BeOS will see win2k and you can just use the BeOS bootmenu. they all do the same thing. and you dont have to kludge the win2k bootmenu to make it see BeOS. i was just giving him some options penishead.

i agree, i also like the beos boot menu, but win2k and winNT4 have a problem with not being the boot menu, don't ask me why, thats why i said install win2k last and then add beos manually, back in the day i used to dual boot win98 and beos4, thats when i used the beos boot menu.

[This message has been edited by SHS (edited 14 April 2000).]

Quote:
Originally posted by EddiE314:
Hey, look who's got 230 f*ckin' posts b1tch, who gives a sh1t what some dam*ed site says?! ..motherf*ckin website said..

b1tch a$$!

Hello?? Is there anybody here?? Mr. SHS?? Mr. Phillip? Why are you keeping this creature in this forum? Is it protected by WWF? BTW R0cko don't answer to it. Look from its above arguments that it obviously is lacking major quantity of I.Q. (That's why i suggest calling it "EddiE050 lifeform". As anybody can conclude from its above attempt to produce human syntaxed speech its main goal is to have an enormous number of human-like (but seriously under-average IQ) posts. So I repeat: WHY DO WE HAVE TO TOLERATE THIS ALIEN CREATURE? WHY DO WE HAVE TO SEE IT SWEARING HUMANS? WHY IS IT STILL IN THIS FORUM? PLEASE MODS THROW OUT THIS GARBAGE!

P.S. Creature, don't talk back, stop swearing and go back to your planet.

r0cko & EddiE314 knock off B.S. rigth now I'am only going to say it one time, if you two can't get alone do us all a favor & don't come back to this forum after this for help people out not starting a war.