Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Azreal

Force Commander

I just picked it up and haven't tried it yet but I am curious. Has anyone had any trouble running it in WIN2k

------------------

Celeron 500

Abit BE6

384 MB RAM

36 GB

Adaptec 2940UW

Plextor 12/20(SCSI)

Panason 7502 CDR(SCSI)

Inrenal Jaz1GB(SCSI)

Internal Zip100MB(SCSI)

Intel 10/100 NIC

Voodoo 3 3000

Diamond MX300

USR Sporster 56k

Though I haven't played it for long Star Wars Force Commander plays fine on my system, AMD k6-2 550, Voodoo2.

It installs, and the intro movie plays, but as soon as it starts to load a mission, crashes to the desktop without any error messages

_________

Soyo BA+III

P3@675

Voodoo 3k

SB Live

same thing happened to me ..

first time I installed the game. .it worked..

but after that it crashes to desktop when loading mission..

any solution??

thanks,

I've heard of some similar crash problems with FoCom from other folks using Voodoo3 boards.

[This message has been edited by EEMeltonIV (edited 22 March 2000).]

EEMeltonIV may well be correct. I installed FoCo on my Win2k Server, which has a TNT2, and it runs fine. Whether or not fine means its a good game or not, of course, is another matter, as I am underwhelmed at this point.

Abit BP6

Dual C366's @ 550

SB Live Value

Viper 770

Intel NIC

I haven't had that problem with Force Commander (the beta worked fine), but I have with some other games (Superbike 2000), and I have a Voodoo 3 3500. So I'm thinkin' it's their drivers.

------------------

Flumpus

I am having the same problem.

When i go to start a game, whether it be campaign or skirmish, the game will kick me out to Windows.

I am running windows 2000, dual cele 400's@450's, 256 mb RAM, V3 2000.

someone please help. I think it has something to do with DX7 but i am not sure. Thanks in advance.

Again, I blame the Voodoo board.

This wouldn't be the first time a LucasArts title had trouble with the Voodoo2 or Voodoo3. Rogue Squadron required a patch to work with those boards -- and, actually, the problems with both games sound identical.

I guess the plus side of this is, LucasArts'll patch FoCom, too -- hopefully soon, for those of you who are having trouble.

I to hope that they release a patch very soon. I foolishly tried out the new beta drivers for V3 3500 for Windows 2000 and had to redo my entire system as a result. This is such a letdown as well because I was so looking forward to the game.

I sent an email to 3Dfx technical support on this but have not yet gotten an answer. I did try the new V3 3500 beta drivers but they do not function at all so I dont know if they would have made any difference.