Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LE_TERRIBLE

Battlezone2 comments........

I ve replied to a battlezone2 post but it s now gone...

If anyone of you have any battlezone2 comment for now please post them in this post.

I have a geforce DDR nad battlezone2 keeps

saying access violation errors.

BUT I can sometimes play a whole game agaisnt the computer especialy on the'high and low map'.

I ve also got some keyboard problems in the gui but not in the actual game..

I m using the last nvidia drivers.

I ve had a look at the www.pandemicstudios.com FAQ in which it says that Battlezone2 will be fully supported in win2k wich apparently is still not the case.

I dont think this is a driver problem, but I need your comments to be sure about that.

Thank you for your help

Cheers. smile

Yup, same thing for me.

I'm using a TNT2Ultra, with also the latest drivers provided by nVidia.

I get access violations all the time, and also the "map" on the left bottom, "reflects" the rays up to the screen.

It's hard to explain, so lets just say the 3D maps is not displayed correctly either.

I really want to be able to play this game.

Lets hope something is done about this soon!

I ve read the compatibility game list under win2k and the guy says it run ok in 16 bit mode which is also not the case for me frown

Do you play in 16 bit mode with your tnt2?

thanks

I've tried it all.

16bit desktop + 16bit game.

16bit desktop + 32bit game.

32bit desktop + 16bit game.

32bit desktop + 32bit game.

Everything, and none of them work.

What a relief to see others are having problems with Win2k and Battlezone, I was beginning to have faith in Activision and Microsoft. I find it disgusting that Activision claim to support Microsoft's new monolith, when it is simply not the case. When I pay upwards of 90 Sfr on a PC game I DO NOT expect to have to hunt the internet for support.

Another disgusted game player.

Hi there.

I too am getting Access Violations in BattleZone 2, right when I select the option to Launch and when the game engine should start.

I have a TNT2U with the CL 3.76 drivers.

Are there any updates to this at all?

The odd thing is that it worked fine the first time I tried it.

I completed the first mission no probs in 2000 thinking "bloody great - it works!" but since then I've had no joy.

...it's a good job I dul-booted with 98, so I play the game there....

If anyone can update this thread with good news, some of us here will well appreciate it!

Take care.

After 2 seperate emails and being ignored I've sent this email to Activision, hopefully rather than just being ignored I'll recieve some sort of answer this time.

If I hear any news i'll post it.

I get Access violations after about 10 mins (if I'm lucky) I like the game and its forerunner but I've already sent 2 emails before this about the same subject and have just received mails that copy what the knowledge base says. When I reply to these I get ignored and am starting to get very frustrated. All I want to know is is this going to be fixed or should I just get a refund and just stop buying Activision products because you cant release them in a decent state, can't supply patches to make them work and ignore the customers' emails.

I'm not the only person who feels this way, I talk to many people who own the same game and are equally annoyed at what seems to be a complete lack of interest on this company's part.

Yes I've got the latest drivers.

Yes I've got a decent power supply.

This is the only games that crashes.

Thanks

Simon

Well..

I ve noticed on the pandemicstudio forum that a guy could play BZ2 for about 3 hours..

What he did was change slot for his sound card (it was sharing IRC whith his video card) and it seems to work a bit better, at least 3 hours...

ok!

Im still waiting for a good stable solution.

Well if any of you can check if this really works.. go on and tell us! smile

Maybe a bit of good news .... smilesmile

cheers

And by the way Simon, I totally agree..

I hope Activision is not going to do the same mistake as they have done with the first BZ...

If companies sell games that are not finished no one wil want to buy them right?If they want their games to be warezed instead of being bought..That s another story.

I've been contacted by them, with apologies and I have now got a permanent contact. If you have any further information for them about the error or anything that really helps, I will pass it on to them.

Simon

You mean Activision.?

have they said they were thinking about a patch for win2k?

Or have they just given you apologies.?

I wish they could give us a date at least.

Yes Activision.

Just Apologies and asking for log files.

It's all a bit slow for the moment. I'm on GMT and their on PST so I usually have to wait 7 hours before they even read it.

Will get there in the end.