System Spec:

Celeron 466

128MB Ram

Riva TnT 16 megs

Logitech 1st mouse +

SB Live! Value

I have the latest Win2k drivers from the manufacturers for everything,

except the Live! card.

there is nothing much you can do, increasing the sample rate helps but problem still there, that is the only reason I reinstall win98 in my box. hoping ms will make this game compatible with w2k in their next game compatible updates from windows updates.

please post if you find a fix. meanwhile good shooting

btw, do try the lastest logitech mouseware to see if it fixes it. it just came out yesterday.

Ok, I downloaded the version from the 17th, but I'll try this new build... maybe, if i'm lucky...

Looks like both Westwood and Red Storm is right, it is related to Directx, so we may have to wait for an update.

LOL... thank SAV, that was NOT what I wanted to hear, I formated my HD to NTFS so I'm stuck less I reformat everything & go back to Win98.... oh well, this really sux. I know, Win2k is not for games...

Not as long this bug is around. It affects the majority of my games and thereby makes them unplayable under win2k. Let's hope MS fixes this really soon.

Are you telling me that this "sticky keys bug" happens in more games then this one? I'm also playing the Sims & Darkstone, they both seem fine.

Yes, this sticky-key thing happens in a lot more than just Rogue Spear. I've had it happen in Rogue Spear, Tribes, and UT myself... This is the only reason I dual boot Win2000 and Win98SE. Hopefully they will fix this soon...

Rob

Is there anyway I can install Win98 SE in my system after I already have Win2k or do I have to re-format & re-install 98 SE first, then install Win2k? I'd hate to have to start all over...

Nite-time, did you format your drive to NTFS when the win 2k installation prompted you to, if you did you'll have to format your drive as you cannot revert back to fat32 and windows 98 will not run on ntfs. I know this because i did the same thing DOH!!!

if you still are formatted to fat or fat32 then you can do an install of 98 and have a dual boot partition on your drive, this is probably the best solution

hope this has been help.

Also about rogue spear i heard that there maybe something wrong with soundblaster drivers that are affecting the keys i have the same problem and so does everyone else i know with soundblaster live!

I have the problem when playing SHOGO ( I am trying to finish it on Madness ).

Gung shoots on its own or I strafe to the right and left uncontrolably.

Quake3 plays wonderfully.

GPR

Okay guys...

I've been keeping my eye on this sticky-key problem for quite a while now, since I installed RC2.

Now, I haven't experienced any problems with Rogue Spear personally, although I have experienced the problem in some other games. Most notable of these was:

Rally Championship 2000 : Steering and gear selection is erractic.

NoX : Right mouse button sticks, causing character to continue running, into lava and walls etc etc.

Episode One Racer : Steering problems.

Now, a lot of people have attributed this to DirectX 7.0a which shipped with Win2k, but if this is the same on all systems, and people with similar configurations are suffering different problems, it must be something else contributing to it as well as DirectX.

My system comprises of the following, with latest driver numbers etc etc...

Intel PIII 450 (Not overclocked)

192Mb RAM

QDI BrillianX 440BX Motherboard

Creative Riva TNT2 Ultra Gamer (Creative 3.76 Drivers)

SB Live! Value (Liveware2k from Creative)

Logitech Mouseware 9.00 (Latest build)

If people could provide some detail of similar configs, maybe a more common reason might be found, that could possibly help with fixing this damned annoying problem.

Cheers

evil Homer...

------------------

"Screw you guys... I'm going home!"

I have Abit BP6 with dual Celeron @550 (sticky key happens even if I clock it at default @366)

Matrox G400 (previously a TNT2 16 MB)

mouse and sound card same as yours.

256 mb ram

Well, if you look at my first post you'll see my system specs & so far, the only thing we all have in common is a Logitech Mouse & SB Live! & yes, I have formatted my HD to NTFS, so thats a very big D'OH! hehe.

I have a p3 450

G400 32mb

soundblaster live value

I did hear a rumour that it may have something to do with soundblaster drivers dell have brought out new drivers for soundblaster live for win 2k, not sure how to get them though.

don't think is sblive driver, default and dell's driver still freeze.

maybe something to do with dual boot (mix of ntfs and fat32 in box), I don't recall (not 100% sure) when I had only W2K in the box (all drives ntfs formatted)

nitetime, does this ring a bell?

hmmm... I have 3 hard drives in my box. One is NTFS & the others are still Fat32. Rogue spear is on my main drive, "C" & so is Win2k. so, u think I should install it on my "D" Fat32 drive? That sounds pretty far fetched... but you never know.

nitetime forget my previous post, i was posting it to random freeze problem, dunno y i put it here

I think it might have something to do with the soundcard drivers.

I am running with the 3DFX Beta drivers and have no "Sticky Mouse" When I load the new 3DFX drivers I have the sticky mouse. I put the Beta drivers back on. No sticky mouse. I load the new sound card drivers . I have sticky mouse. I put the old sound card drivers on. No sticky mouse.

Sounds kind of stupid but I think the beta drivers for my hardware are better than the "official" ones.

System:

K6-2 450

FIC VA-502+ Motherboard

96 MB RAM

13 GB HD

6 GB HD

4 GB HD

Voodoo3 2000 PCI

Sound Blaster live MP3+

Iomega Zip CD (Which doesn't work correctly after I did the update from Microsoft)

Quite a good response...

The main similarity I see so far is soundcards and mice.

I've just installed the Creative beta Liveware2k that someone posted the url to the other day, and must admit I haven't seen much of an improvement.

You do seem to be correct in one thing, Beavis, the beta drivers do appear to be better than the RC stuff thats been coming out in the last couple of days.

Perhaps if people could also list what other games they had problems with, that might give some ideas (Also others can install them if they own them to confirm or deny they have a problem.)

Laters people...

evil Homer

------------------

"Screw you guys... I'm going home!"

Dunno about the soundcard thing, because I have a Diamond MX300. I've been told it's some flaw in "Direct X Media" (whatever that is).

So, ok guy, from what you've posted... Beavis has old drivers for the Live! on Win2k? The Beta's posted on the NG's don't work for me & the Dell "Offical" drivers don't make any differance. Are there other drivers for the Live! I don't know about? I mean, Beavis, if you say that some old drivers fix your sticky key problems, I'd love to know.