Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
vm

The Sims

Is anyone here successfully playing The Sims under Win2k? I've read elsewhere that it should work despite the anti-NT warning on the box. The app installs ok but when I try to run it spins up the disc multiple times and never shows anything on the desktop. I eventually kill the app from task manager...

I've managed to get both Age of Wonders and GTA2 to work with my Diamond Viper 550 card (using the 3.75 Detonator drivers) so I know it's not anything related to that.

Thanks for any tips.

-VM-

The sims is running fine on my system but it take like more than twice the time to load than with windows 98se

Welcome to the wonderful world of bad sector based copy protection!

I THINK that this is caused by a game checking for original cd in middle of game play and not finding it for whatever reason (even if it is the original cd)

Odd part is i rarely (if ever) have this problem when running these games (total anhilation kingdoms, etc) from my cd burner only with elcheapo 24x anyone have any thoughts on this?

just my 2 cents!

I've been running the sims with no problems what so ever. Its a burned copy, but I just used blind read to copy it so it would get all of the bad sectors. I'm running build 2195 and have a voodoo 3 on 2 p2 450's.....oh, but the game does take a day and a half to load........

Brian