Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Stain_Maker

RC3+V3 3k + Q3Demo = Not working

Has anyone figured out a hack to get Q3demo to run under RC3 with a V3???? The hack that worked with 2128 appears not to work with 2183.

Thanks

Hey don't know what your doing wrong but i'm using RC3 and voodoo3000 with my drivers ( http://seldzar.dhs.org )and q3 in 1024x768 is a sweet 37-40fps in both timesdemos. The game is fine. What happens when you try and play the game?

Initially (right after installing 2183) I was getting the "unable to load opengl_subsystem" error, so I then tried what had worked in the past, which was the hacked drivers. When I try to run Q3 now the game loads up to the point where the screen flashes/goes black then it drop back to the desktop with a 1" by 1" error box. In the Quake 3 console, the last command it tried to execute was: Calling LoadLibrary (H:\winnt\system32\3dfxvgl.dll' ): I've checked and double checked that the file is there and is called VGL not OGL. Also, I d/l'ed the V3win2k drivers from your page, installed them and am still getting the same error.

Am I missing something???

What color depth is your desktop set to?

Can't say i know why it's doing that. Boot into safe mode remove all voodoo3.sys and dll files and inf files and delete the 3dfxvgl and use the latest one from the latest win9x drivers. I'll update my v3win2k drivers. As well as the rest of the page. =)

Turns out my problem stemmed from me screwing the pooch during the driver re-install. After I pointed W2K to the folder with the hacked drivers, I didn't check the little box that said use a diff driver tahn the one W2K was recommending. What I'm assuming happened next was W2K installing the original driver that I had just deleted.

Everything works fine now. Thanks for the help.

I'm getting the same thing, a little 1x1 error box. RC3, V3 2K, and Q3 demotest 16 bit color. I used the hacked drivers for 2128 but put in the latest OGL (renamed to VGL) from the latest Win9x driver.

I wanna play Q3!

I had a fresh install of 2183. I installed the hacked drivers and everything appeared to be working, but i got the odd aftifact on the desktop. Q3 loaded and I was about to start a game and it froze. Now it freezes randomly even when just surfing the web or whatever so i reverted to the regular drivers and everything is fine. (no q3 obviously) This card was working 100% in NT4 and I never had a single hangup. Anyone have any ideas?

FYI: BH6, C300@464, V3 2K, 128 PC133.

Well if your isntalling the hacked drivers I am hoping you were changing the clock speed in the inf. Otherwise if you didn't your running your voodoo3 2000 @ 166 and that may be causing your problems.

I'm a dumb ****. Thats exactly the problem.

I didn't realize the mhz setting was in the INF. Set it 143 and it works perfectly thanks for all the help.

[This message has been edited by Lucid (edited 26 November 1999).]