Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jerryzeng

Mandrake9.0 can't start by using CD 1#

Before 9.0, I can use CD 1# to boot linux by using

boot: "vmlinuz root=/dev/hda2 noinitrd" command. But in 9.0, this command can't work! Does someone knows what happened?

many thanks

I noticed this too... I think you might want to try running the restore command after hitting F1 on the intitial screen. This MIGHT work, but I doubt it.

:x Every Linux distro I have worked with has it's own quirks and each release is very different from the previous, hopefully you made a boot disk, this is likely going to be the only solution. I personally am loving it, the mounted NTFS partitions, the hardware support. I had some major problems with 9, The XFREE 4.2 kept hanging, I switched to the NVIDIA kernel and solved that. It took 3 series of locking up the system on detecting my USB PHOTOSMART P1000 printer, but it eventually found it, through persistence. (My first attempt at installing hung because of this printer, I hope a little more work goes into it in the next few years, I'm sure it will.) Can't wait to get home and play some more with it. So far, this is the first release where everything on my system worked without great pains. laugh

You are right, NTGEEK. the rescue(I think that's your mean, right?) doesn't work. I've installed the LILO to both hda1 and hdb1, then create a boot disk in linux and use XP boot mandrake by use the first sector data. It's work!