Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RoGuE

Quake 3

I may be having hell with my dvd dxr2, but, Quake3 is really smoothe under win2k. My pings are better and game vid is smoother. the curved textures are awesome.

Please tell me how you got D3D to work or rather OGL. I have a V770 Ultra and all I get is: rasterBegin Failed ??? Can't get Nascar 3 to work in OGL or D3D either... help!

WHAT DRIVERS ARE YOU USING FOR THE TNT2 BASED CARD? CREATIVE IS KNOWN FOR MAKING SLOWER HARDWARE BUT SUPPORT IT WITH EXCELLENT DRIVERS. DIAMOND MM IS THE OPPOSITE. THEY MAKE HIGHER PERFORMING HARDWARE BUT SUPPORT IT WITH CRAPPY DRIVERS. THE BEST THING TO DO IS GET THE DETONATOR 2.08 DRIVERS FROM NVIDIA....THATS WHAT THE CREATIVE DRIVERS ARE BASED ON. BUT ALL IVE GOTTEN TO WORK REALLY WELL ARE QUAKE ENGINE BASED GAMES. QUAKE2, QUAKE3, SIN, HALFLIFE, AND KINGPIN. UNREAL, SHOGO, AND OTHER GAMES THAT ARE BASED ON OTHER TECHNOLOGY I HAVENT GOTTEN TO WORK VERY WELL.

I'm using the V770 Ultra hardware and Nvidia 353 detonator NT drivers I think.. I'll look for the 208 drivers but I didn't see them the last time I was at the site. Also, do you get the Properties TABS??? I don't have them either.. Shows up fine in Device Manager..... sigh!

Quote:
Originally posted by RoGuE on 11-07-1999 05:28 PM

WHAT DRIVERS ARE YOU USING FOR THE TNT2 BASED CARD? CREATIVE IS KNOWN FOR MAKING SLOWER HARDWARE BUT SUPPORT IT WITH EXCELLENT DRIVERS. DIAMOND MM IS THE OPPOSITE. THEY MAKE HIGHER PERFORMING HARDWARE BUT SUPPORT IT WITH CRAPPY DRIVERS. THE BEST THING TO DO IS GET THE DETONATOR 2.08 DRIVERS FROM NVIDIA....THATS WHAT THE CREATIVE DRIVERS ARE BASED ON. BUT ALL IVE GOTTEN TO WORK REALLY WELL ARE QUAKE ENGINE BASED GAMES. QUAKE2, QUAKE3, SIN, HALFLIFE, AND KINGPIN. UNREAL, SHOGO, AND OTHER GAMES THAT ARE BASED ON OTHER TECHNOLOGY I HAVENT GOTTEN TO WORK VERY WELL.

THE CREATIVE DRIVERS ARE BASED ON DETONATOR 2.08 DRIVERS....BUT YES I HAVE ALL THE TWEAK PROPERTIES AND HAVE FULL CONTROL OF MY VID CARD...AS A MATTER OF FACT QUAKE 3 AND KINGPIN LOOK MUCH BETTER IN WIN2K...IM NOT A REAL TECHY TYPE OF GUY...I BUILD GAMING MACHINES AND GOT WIN2K TO GET AHEAD OF THE GAME...ILL LOOK AND SEE WHICH VERSION OF THE DETONATOR DRIVERS I HAVE ON MY WIFES MACHINE...I MIGHT STILL HAVE EM FROM AN EARLIER DOWNLOAD