Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MarksmanX

TNT2 Ultra refresh problem :(

Hi guys,

I am having a problem under windows 2000 RC2 with my TNT2 ultra card. I ran quake 1 and 2 but they are at 60Hz refresh rate. My windows is at 100Hz refresh rate. I also have tried increasing quake 2 resolution to 1024 x 768 like my desktop setting, but it's not 100Hz when I run the game. Please help guys smile.gif I have the beat detonator 3.36 w2k beta drivers. Anybody know of a new OpenGL driver that supports higher than 60Hz refresh? thanks

I had the same problem with my normal TNT. The workaround I used is to edit the nv4.inf file in the TNT(2) driver download. It includes all the possible refresh rates for all nvidia cards at all resolutions and color depths. In the .inf, find the section with your card, then the line with the resolution and color depth you wish to use with quake. Edit out the refresh rates you don't wish to be able to use, replacing them with spaces. (Examples of how it should look are scattered around the file, such as a couple places where 60Hz isn't supported and the next highest is 70Hz.) Good luck getting it to work!

--Spectre

I found out after a few days of searching the web. There is this utility called power strip ( http://www.entechtaiwan.com/ps.htm ) which let me change my refresh to 60Hz to 200Hz at 800 x 600 in 32-bit true color mode. Works great in Quake I and 2. It is a lot easier on eyes now and with a dual Pentium II 450 this baby screams on a cable modem smile.gif Try Power Strip out! Reply if you read this so I know I am not speaking to deaf ears.