Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Seldzar

DX7 for Win2k RC1 & RC2

Yup that is the final. I just gave the entire site an overhaul. Hell of a lot more organized now .

Seldzar, you the man... but I have a question. Have you tried getting a Vortex 2 sound card working in Windows 2000? I have a dual CPU system, and neither different drivers for cards or DirectX 7 have gotten sound working in games on my PC.

Guess I may end up switching to a SB Live Platnium or some other sound card... but I hate to do it, since the Vortex 2(, mine is a Xitel Storm Platnium,) has worked very well in Windows 98 and I love having the optical digital connection.

Sorry to bother you, but any help is appreciated!

Glenn Merkel

Merkman the vortex drivers dosen't support SMP mode at this time.

It should be fix in RC3

SHS, thanks for the reply. Although, I must admit thats REALLY bad news for me. I'm a CPP user, not a full beta tester... so I'm not likely to get RC3 and have a chance to get my Vortex 2 working from the sounds of things.

That means 2000 won't be my all-in-one O/S solution until the retail hits in March or whenever. Or until I get a new sound card. Doh! Anyone know where the cheapest place to get the Live Platnium would be? =)

Thanks again for the help!

Glenn Merkel

Merkman, you really need to learn how to search the internet if you don't think you can get RC3 =) I'm sure it will be widely available to those who know where to look.

Hello people,

I've got the DX7 final file and ran it in 2128 (RC2). As it states in the text file, I replaced the newer files on the disc, but I'm getting mixed issues whether its actually installed properly.

Can someone tell me what version of DX7 dxdiag tells you??? Then I'll know for sure.

Cheers.

DirectX Verision: DirectX 7.0(4.07.00.0000)

You can also tell if you see several older files listed under DirectX files. Dx7 fixed several issues I was having with motocross madness, so I know it's good.

Thanks, thats what I needed to hear. DXdiag reports the same version, but some D3D stuff still refuses to work, so I guess its incompatibility with Win 2K

I've successfully got GTA2 and Rogue Spear to work, and I know Fifa 2000 won't. Driver produces an unknown error though.

I can get Unreal Tournament Demo (338) to run, but I get bad screen distruption whenever I fire any weapons using D3D. Haven't tried OpenGL, or got the latest update.

BTW, running 3.55 detonators on a TNT2 Ultra.

Thanks for your help....

Originally posted by evil Homer on 10-23-1999 08:37 PM

I've successfully got GTA2 and Rogue Spear to work, and I know Fifa 2000 won't. quote]

How did you get Rogue Spear to work? It tells me it can't find the config file.

In answer to your question alexkac, I installed the game originally under Windows 98 and exported the registry settings into Windows 2000, runs with no problem whatsoever.

Thanks ikke, I'm downloading it now, but I've now installed the upgrade to the original demo, and the problem has not be resolved.

Thanks anyway