Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pnot

New Unreal Demo 388 Running Super slow in NT

I noticed the new demo is running really slow for me in NT. I have the following setup: Wkst4.0, dual celron 550's, 22 gig gxp, 128meg, TNT2 Ultra (Viper 770), Sp5, Nvidia 2.08 drivers, and SBlive Value.

Slap'd the demo on my brothers machine and he's got a celron 400 with a v3 2000 and man it smokes my system. I've notcied when the demo tries to detect my video card it comes back with software rendering instead of Opengl like it should.

Can anyone help me out here?

I run on a 300a oc'd to 450, 128MB of RAM with a CL TNT (oc'd to 115/115) and I also use A3D 2.0. To pick the OGL renderer just

select use other or something like that and you should get another list. You could always go to the advanced options and select it in the drivers section. I also run with Corona, Volumetric Lighting, and Detail Texture's off. I run High Detail World textures and Medium detail skin texture's.

For reference running in 640x480x16bit I get about 39-42fps average.

This actually beats my Win95 DirectX7/Direct3D score of 33-35fps at the same settings, and the A3D Win9x driver is supposed to be better (it does sound better)

I really don't know what happened to the *huge* Direct3D performance gains, but I'll play in NT over 95 anyday.