Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Electricity bills

I'm gonna be graduating from college in two months and will be getting an apartment.

Out of curiosity, what is the average monthly electricity bill? And more importantly, how much would it change if I had 4 computers running 24/7?

$100usd without the water heater running all of the time, no clue as to how much 4 computers running non-stop will add to it.

About $110 per month running 3-4 PCs 24/7, and a big screen TV.

smile

------------------

Regards,

clutch

LOL

You guys obviously don't live in Texas. I have received a $350 electric bill for 3 straight months last summer. It stayed over 100 degrees for 29 days straight with NO accumulation of rain for 3 MONTHS. I have many electronics, but its nothing compared to having your air-conditioner having to stay on 24/7. If you turn it off during the day like most people do, you come back to a house that is about 89-90 degrees.

EDIT: It has been nice lately, its just those damn summers that kill.

------------------

Athlon 700 @ 698

Epox 7kxa

256Mb PC133

Hercules Prophet 32Mb DDR

Sound Blaster X-Gamer

Pioneer 16x DVD

HP 9100i CD-RW

2-30gig 7200RPM WD HD

ViewSonic PF790 19"

Win98SE

Full Tower

[This message has been edited by qwerty01 (edited 26 February 2001).]

When I lived in Tucson, AZ we got bills that ran to $150 for our 1 bedroom apartment. The A/C ran 24/7.

"But it's a DRY heat..."

smile

------------------

Regards,

clutch

$42 a month on average. Portland, Oregon with Gas heat, water heater, stove and dryer. Run the AC occasionally in the summer.

5 computers (inc. Firewall) running 24/7 with 5 people living in the house.

No real way to find out what the "average" monthly bill will be since everyone has different living habits which can affect the end bill. Do you like the TV on all the time? What about the stereo? Big Screen or 19" TV? Warm or cool house?

Ed

$150 dollor a month for a two bedroom two story townhouse, 3 computers running, 2 fish tanks (55 gallon) and heat running constantly. Havnt lived here during the summer yet, so not sure what the AC will run me. confused

RattDawg